Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
When is the last time you sat on your couch?
1  2  Next

Etty6

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 8:30 pm
When did you last have time to sit on your couch?
By me it's around 5 months ago...

rkay

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 8:35 pm
You need to find a way to take better care of yourself

happy chick

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 8:37 pm
Every day after everyone leaves to school. It's usually for about 3 min I til I catch my breath.

amother
Calendula

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 8:38 pm
Etty6 wrote:

Daily- frequent breaks in between housework since my feet hurt to be on it too long. My house suffers with lack of organization but at least I take care of myself.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 8:39 pm
I carve out time every day. It’s so important not to run yourself ragged.

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 8:42 pm
Wow ..
I'm feeling little guilty I mostly sit on my couch and I work and bh have a nice family

What are you doing?
Are you busy cleaning after everyone always?
My house Is not spotless but it's not that messy at all
I clean up after kids sleep
I can't imagine what I can do from 3pm to 12pm
I mean there's always what to do but can you share what you are doing

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 8:43 pm
Currently. Basically (almost) every time I log into imamother. How else do you have time to create threads while standing? Driving?

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 8:45 pm
Etty6 wrote:

That’s very sad.
You might benefit from the sod haadam course
You are a full and complete person and your body deserves to be taken care of.
And as for the last time I sat on my couch? Well right now, as I’m nursing. I have a very comfortable couch in my bedroom. I also have one in my living room, family room, playroom, and patio. I am the furthest thing from a lazy person, but I sit and relax and enjoy shmoozing with my kids on my couches

teachkids

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 8:46 pm
Every afternoon when I'm being climbed on by children. We actually have the kids mini table in the living room so I can sit on the couch while they eat dinner

daredevil

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 8:55 pm
Shabbos

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 8:57 pm
I try to sit for 19 minutes every couple hours when I’m doing housework. And after kids go to sleep I chill in my bed or hot bath for as long as I can

amother
Daphne

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 9:07 pm
I do multiple times a day. I'm post partum and working but I'm very sluggish so every evening I sit on my couch and stare at the mess. It's super productive.

I don't remember the last time my husband sat on the couch and now I'm starting to feel guilty...

Etty6

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 9:34 pm
Wow it's so interesting to read those answers. I thought more people were like me...
Honestly I don't know what I do, my schedule is basically like this- coming home 3:30 from work to my first kids bus, schmoozing with her while prepping supper. 4:00 next bus, schmoozing and cleaning. The next couple of hours I'll be busy entertaining them or with housework/laundry. While they eat supper I'd sit with them by the table. Then it's bedtime routine. Then serving supper for dh. Idk I find myself on my feet running around and being so busy, pushing off taking a drink or snack. Around 8:30 when my husband leaves I'm so exhausted so I take a shower and go to bed, this is where I do my phone calls and imamother.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 9:36 pm
Etty6 wrote:
Wow it's so interesting to read those answers. I thought more people were like me...
Honestly I don't know what I do, my schedule is basically like this- coming home 3:30 from work to my first kids bus, schmoozing with her while prepping supper. 4:00 next bus, schmoozing and cleaning. The next couple of hours I'll be busy entertaining them or with housework/laundry. While they eat supper I'd sit with them by the table. Then it's bedtime routine. Then serving supper for dh. Idk I find myself on my feet running around and being so busy, pushing off taking a drink or snack. Around 8:30 when my husband leaves I'm so exhausted so I take a shower and go to bed, this is where I do my phone calls and imamother.

Shabbos?

Etty6

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 9:39 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Shabbos?

I used to in the past. Lately I won't find time even on shabbas I wonder why.
Shabbas afternoon I'll go in bed for 2 hours and read

gumby

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 9:40 pm
That is why we have Shabbos - a day of rest . Please rest on your couch, in your bed, or shower or bathtub - otherwise you will burn out

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 9:40 pm
I sit on the couch to nurse and to watch my kids while they play. I also sit on the couch to read books to my kids, relax after bedtime, change diapers, get to a kids-level sitting position to help button shirts etc. I can’t imagine not sitting on the couch.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 9:48 pm
Etty6 wrote:
I used to in the past. Lately I won't find time even on shabbas I wonder why.
Shabbas afternoon I'll go in bed for 2 hours and read

Ok so you are getting a rest. You are just choosing your bed over the couch.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 10:25 pm
Why are you entertaining your kids??? I have toddlers thru post high school and they all know how to entertain themselves. Yes I play with them however if I need a few minutes to put my feet up they kno they can either sit next to me or go play in their own. You need to learn to put yourself first every so often or the burnout will b bad and hard to come back from

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 10:46 pm
My couch is right off my kitchen so I frequently take breaks there. I play with my kids on the couch, read books with them on the couch, fold laundry on the couch, etc.
Its where I spend most of my time at home aside from the kitchen.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics