Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Austria or Switzerland

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 4:02 pm
we are thinking of going on vacation this summer. we boiled down to the alps in Austria or Switzerland. thinking of davos or st anton in Austria. if you did both- what do you recommend?

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 5:21 pm
All I could say is that Davos felt like Bnei Barak in the summer. It's jam packed and issuch an urbanized feel. Was never in St Anon. Can't comment on that....

Within Switzerland I would quicker consider St Moritz or anywhere in the Shafausen region, Arosa, Zermatt, or even Engelberg.

We found Davos to be.....

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 5:39 pm
What is your family like? Do you have young kids?

Austria is extremely extremely kid friendly. I've been to different areas in Switzerland over the years and will say that the views in Switzerland are probably the most beautiful of the Alps.

OTOH I was in Austria last year- close to St Anton, and was completely blown away by the amount of stuff for kids there. Of course, the view is beautiful too- but not as awe inspiring as Switzerland.
We had an amazing holiday. My kids are aged 3-11.

Davos is beyond packed . I would choose elsewhere if I were you. It is beautiful though.

Comptroller

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 6:06 pm
There are many more places to choose from. Just to cite a few:
In Austria:
Serfaus, Tux, Saalbach-Hinterglemm, Bad Gastein, Lungau, Murau,

In Switzerland:
Saas Fe, Gstaad, Lugano, Arosa, Davos, St. Moritz, Grindelwald, Engelberg, Gstaad

FlowersforAlger

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 6:07 pm
I was on st Anton 6 or 7 years ago. Not sure it counts but was stunning! Breathtaking! and lovely little town to emjoy

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 7:35 pm
Saas Fee is also pretty packed with the English people and just like Zermatt, no cars are allowed. Saas Grund not so packed. (It's the valley)
Some places don't have minyanim throughout the summer. You need to check out each place.

Grindelwald we found to be FULL of Muslim... With the current events, it's something you might want to consider and bear in mind.

Austria is definitely cheaper. I know some people in Switzerland travel to Austria some years for affordability.

Ruchi

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 8:24 pm
And Davos used to be even more full over 5 years ago. Many ppl who used to go to Davos now go to the Saas region or the 4 Valleys
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics