Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
What do you do during feedings to stay awake?

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 12:40 pm
I'm iyH due with my second soon and wondering what everyone does during night time feedings to stay awake. Last time I would scroll on my phone or watch a show/movie but I always felt gross after. Did not feel so connected to baby and also hated wasting time on my phone. I also felt like it was harder to fall back asleep when I was on my phone. Im not the type of person that can just stay up and not fall back asleep when holding the baby- I wouldn't want to risk it. Anyone have any ideas?

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 12:43 pm
Same problem, I keep a book near me and read a bit. I also set myself up so that in case I do fall asleep, it’s not too dangerous.

English3

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 12:46 pm
Sorry op but nighttime is not bonding time. I sleep while I nurse. When I bottle fed I used to give the bottle with closed eyes, this helped me fall asleep.

hodeez

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 12:54 pm
I don't have the same qualms. I would go on my phone or just sleep

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 12:56 pm
I cosleep and just fall asleep as my baby nurses

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 12:56 pm
Phone

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 12:59 pm
Thank goodness I live in a time where phones exist. There must have been so many bored or anxiously ruminating nursing women in the middle of the night throughout history.

During the week I’m on my phone. On Shabbos I use my Shabbos light and prop a book up on my nursing pillow.

There’s the daytime for connecting to the baby. At night the baby should be sleepy.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 12:59 pm
Good to hear I'm not the only one that was on my phone during feedings- I was imagining everyone else just snuggles with their babies and are in the moment. I guess maybe ideas of what to do on my phone would be helpful? Last time I got really addicted to Instagram but I recently got rid of it and don't want to go back to that. Maybe I can find a good podcast to listen to or something productive to do on my phone.. any ideas?

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 1:08 pm
Sat upright on my couch.

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 1:19 pm
I have the same dilemma
I was on my phone with my last baby but I'm pretty sure that that's why I couldn't fall back asleep
But if I'm not on my phone I will fall asleep
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding