Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO Brooklyn Podiatrist who can distinguish between

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 12:17 pm
Im looking for a Podiatrist (preferably in Brooklyn) who can determine the source of my pain on the sole of ONE foot. I think a foreign object is in my sole, bec I stepped on something hard in stocking feet and that was the beginning of my pain in that one foot.

One Dr thats higly regarded here, said its callus related, but I think hes wrong because its exactly where I stepped on something hard and Im in pain ever since that minute.

I dont think you feel extreme callus pain all of a sudden.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 2:36 pm
bump

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 2:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
bump

try dr kuinov on j and e29

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 11:17 pm
Which Brooklyn podiatrists have been mentioned here, and complimented most?

amother
Green

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 11:23 pm
I used Dr Edelstein in BP several times and like him. Never had this issue though.

Also, if you think you stepped on something even if you can't see anything, you are probably right.

A family member of mine once had stepped on something had pain, didn't go away, didn't see anything... I think they ended up doing xray or s/t else and they found a sewing needle in her foot!!!! She was literally limping and couldn't get to the bottom of it.
Could've been a piece of glass or anything else that got pushed in right away all the way beyond the surface where you can see. Why don't you ask for an xray??

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 12:48 am
amother OP wrote:
Im looking for a Podiatrist (preferably in Brooklyn) who can determine the source of my pain on the sole of ONE foot. I think a foreign object is in my sole, bec I stepped on something hard in stocking feet and that was the beginning of my pain in that one foot.

One Dr thats higly regarded here, said its callus related, but I think hes wrong because its exactly where I stepped on something hard and Im in pain ever since that minute.

I dont think you feel extreme callus pain all of a sudden.

You need an orthopedist, not a podiatrist.

A podiatrist is for corns, calluses, ingrown toenails. You can easily get a misdiagnosis when bringing bone and muscle related issues to a podiatrist (true story, don't ask me how I know).

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 12:51 am
I once had pain in one foot.
My regular podiatrist was OOT so I went to Dr. Even Breth because he had availability that day and he took out a splinter for me.

I don’t know that he’ll diagnose different than your first doctor and be a help. But it might be worth a try.

Other than that one time I have no experience with him but he was pleasant and got the job done in one appointment so I was happy.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 12:54 am
amother Junglegreen wrote:
You need an orthopedist, not a podiatrist.

A podiatrist is for corns, calluses, ingrown toenails. You can easily get a misdiagnosis when bringing bone and muscle related issues to a podiatrist (true story, don't ask me how I know).

Are you sure?
My podiatrist diagnosed me once with a fracture and helped me manage it and heal.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:00 am
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Are you sure?
My podiatrist diagnosed me once with a fracture and helped me manage it and heal.

They diagnose and treat. But they're not the address for such issues if you want 100%.
My sister was diagnosed with a fracture at podiatrist and when orthopedist came back from vacation it turned out cast was put on erroneously (it was a sprain).
And more such stories. My mom always says to go straight to an orthopedist and she hasn't steered us wrong.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 8:02 pm
a podiatrist deals with the foot and ankle. you might be sent for an mri.
can you get to lower manhattan? hillary brenner is quite good.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 6:11 pm
Old time podiatrists weren't very well trained. Any of the newer podiatrists r more trained in foot and ankle than orthopedist. They have same training and schooling as orthopedists but have way more In depth training on feet than orthopedists. They all do fractures and r all surgically trained as well.
A podiatrist has to do 300 foot surgery's before ending residency an orthopedist only approx 10
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries