Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Battle scars from little munchkins

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 1:49 am
I promise my husband isn’t abusive…
…but my baby is.

My adorable bundle of terror finds joy in the following;

Attempting to rip my throat out
Ripping my hairs out - wigs, hair. No discrimination
Scratching me enough to make me look like a tigers scratching post
attemping to bite my n!pples off with his toothless gums

I love my little stinker but, seemingly, love hurts LOL

What sort of surprisingly bad battle scars have your little munchkins left you?

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 1:52 am
One of my DDs was a pincher. OUCH! She'd pinch me while nursing, I guess as a self-soothing thing.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 1:54 am
Ouch! Bh my baby hasn’t discovered that yet. He’s definitely a scratcher though. And his nails grow to full length two seconds after you file them

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 1:54 am
Toddler DS broke my nose.
Do I win lol

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 1:55 am
amother Ruby wrote:
Toddler DS broke my nose.
Do I win lol

My lord! I think you do. How on earth did that happen?

tweety1

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 2:15 am
amother Raspberry wrote:
One of my DDs was a pincher. OUCH! She'd pinch me while nursing, I guess as a self-soothing thing.

My baby! But oh how I loved those painful pinches. Soon cute.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 3:31 am
Yummy DS punched me in the eye when we co-slept. Also dug his fingers into my neck a lot, clinging on to me. But bH worth it 😃

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 8:28 am
amother Goldenrod wrote:
Yummy DS punched me in the eye when we co-slept. Also dug his fingers into my neck a lot, clinging on to me. But bH worth it 😃

Ouch. lol yes the neck digging thing is so painful. Those are my deepest and most visible scratches. The worst is that he’s extremely cuddly and likes to wrap his hand around my neck and I know that there’s going to be a cost to having him hold me in that snuggly position

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 8:30 am
Weird title for this thread. I was expecting a story about how your husband do something abusive to your baby but you’re convincing yourself it wasn’t abusive because you don’t know how to deal with it. Opened the thread with such a heavy feeling.

title changed

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 8:35 am
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Weird title for this thread. I was expecting a story about how your husband do something abusive to your baby but you’re convincing yourself it wasn’t abusive because you don’t know how to deal with it. Opened the thread with such a heavy feeling.

I didn’t think this through. I was debating putting it under ‘entertainment’ but I think that’s only reserved for books/movies/obvious satire while this is supposed to just be a light thread. I’ll request it be moved

Tzutzie

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 8:38 am
Punching. scratching. One of my kids would suck on my neck and give me hickies . Digging their nails in. Kicking up my face while BF. Biting of course.
But it's not something I allowed. I'd always redirect their behaviour time and again until they soothed on something else. Like have a blanket and transfer their hand to it when I see she's going in for a pinch....

The pinching was the hardest imo. That hurt like hell!

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 8:41 am
I got too close to my DS's swinging fists and broke a blood vessel in my eye from his baby nails lol

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 8:41 am
Omigosh, I'm surprised my face isn't covered in scratches! It doesn't help that I hate cutting her nails with filer thingy. It gives me chills but she doesn't seem to mind.

My baby also likes to hook her fingers into my bottom lip and PUULLLLL. It hurts! She also recently learned how to pull off my earring. Ouch.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 8:44 am
Why don't y'all cut your babys' nails with nail scissors?

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 8:45 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:

Too wriggly. I'd be scared of missing and hurting her ch"v.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 8:47 am

I was told repeatedly not to cut baby’s nail because supposedly they grow back faster. Everyone says to file instead. TBH I’m not sure the nail knows the difference but I do as told

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 8:56 am
amother OP wrote:
My lord! I think you do. How on earth did that happen?

We were playing on the floor and he jumped up and accidentally elbowed me in the face. The genius at the front desk in the ER jokingly asked who punched me and was horrified when I answered that it was my son until I clarified that he was 2!
(He’s a teenager now without violent tendencies Wink )

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 8:59 am

I have since started doing that. I had a pair of baby nail clippers before but the scissors are 1000% easier for me

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 1:44 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
We were playing on the floor and he jumped up and accidentally elbowed me in the face. The genius at the front desk in the ER jokingly asked who punched me and was horrified when I answered that it was my son until I clarified that he was 2!
(He’s a teenager now without violent tendencies Wink )

LOL that’s hilarious

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 2:47 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
Too wriggly. I'd be scared of missing and hurting her ch"v.

And I'm scared of filing the finger. With a scissor you can see it go behind the nail (no clippers!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics