Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What is the best thing you ate this pesach?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 9:58 am
I'll start. Surprisingly (because pans and pans of brownies, fudge, blondies...) it was a turkey roast that I make at least once a month. But this one just hit the spot. Rub of fresh lemon juice, olive oil and fresh thyme (generously). Let it marinate an hour, roasted for 2 hours.
Your turn.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:02 am
Chocolate chip cookies
(The ones with brown sugar, matza meal, vanilla pudding, yum!)

amother
Lily

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:04 am
I’m not a pesach food person. I like chametz. So I’ll say the short ribs on Seder night (I was on a program)

tweety1

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:05 am
My all time favorite chicken soup with noodles. If you put me on island for the rest of my life and I'd have to choose only one food you bet it will be chicken soup and noodles.

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:05 am
Very hard

Bought or made

Bought
Babka

Made
Judeo roman courgettes
Bemuelos in charope blanco

613mitzvahgirl

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:06 am
Tweety- I was going to say the same just my mothers yummy chicken soup and kneidelech that we made..

amother
Sage

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:07 am
Nothing. We eat very limited ingredients and produce and I happen to dislike most of it.

ganmama

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:08 am
Either the biscotti I made (based on the chocolate Rosie ones- but made with walnuts and brown sugar instead of almond flour and coconut sugar) then dipped in melted dark chocolate with a dash of vanilla and some almond milk.

Or the roasted veggies. For some reason all the veggies I roasted over Pesach were extra tasty… maybe because it was different oil than normal???

amother
Leaf

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:10 am
Matza just hits the spot every year. I am obsessed with Pesach matza. It’s delicious with a slice of salmon and dips, but even better with butter and a sprinkle of salt.
(I have chronic constipation so I’m always on laxatives, on Pesach I just up the dose)

STMommy

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:11 am
My chocolate chip blondies, they were a little too good, it was a problem to stop eating them

Comptroller

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:15 am
charoses
strong horseradish

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:20 am
My chicken soup came out exceptionally well. I nearly burned it and and had to add a lot of water towards the end. I guess it was stronger than usual.

And I made a ice cream jellyroll — almond meal based — that was a big hit. Link to almond jellyroll recipe but I used an ice cream filling and a different frosting: https://www.kingarthurbaking.c.....ecipe

amother
Lily

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:24 am
amother Leaf wrote:
Matza just hits the spot every year. I am obsessed with Pesach matza. It’s delicious with a slice of salmon and dips, but even better with butter and a sprinkle of salt.
(I have chronic constipation so I’m always on laxatives, on Pesach I just up the dose)

I wish I enjoyed matzah. I can’t stand it. I only eat it seder night (my husband is medakdek and measures it all out for me)

English3

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:26 am
Crispy matzah with avocado topped with a fried onion omelete and lettuce. Yum...

amother
Amber

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:28 am
Honestly, whole wheat matzah that was suprisingly delicous. It was super thick and you could see the tiny wheat kernels (?) in it and my mouth hurt from chewing but it was so flavorful.

The second best thing was brisket that I made properly for the first time in the crockpot. I had just finished making a batch of caramelized onions in there and there was tons of liquid left over. I added the brisket, some of the onions, a couple of tablespoons of tomato sauce, about 1/2 a cup of wine and put it on low for 8 hours.

Like ChezChaya says, it was BUTTER.

amother
Daphne

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:34 am
Brisket
I cooked it nearly 6 hours on a low temperature.

Chocolate chip cookies
The recipe with pudding mix in it. Even using shmurah Matzah meal, they came out so good!

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:37 am
I made an incredible roast flavored with a paste of fresh ginger fresh garlic and fresh peeled jalapeños it had the most delicious robust flavor

amother
Hibiscus

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 10:38 am
What's the chocolate chip cookie recipe with matza meal and pudding mix?

I enjoyed my homemade applesauce with rhubarb. So cool and refreshing! No sugar added!

amother
Nemesia

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:23 am
My flanken roast and rack of ribs roast

amother
Cyclamen

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:28 am
Miriam Pascal‘s new cookbook recipe for “most delicious French roast” or something like that.
Also lemon biscotti. Old recipe from a magazine
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics