Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Optimum modem

twolilgirlies  

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 12:38 pm
has anyone purchased their own modem instead of renting for optimum service?
Looking for a link of the modem you have. really not sure what to get. I see options for $100 or $150 etc. trying to save money but want something half decent.

THANKS

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 1:00 pm
Yes, definitely no reason to pay them a monthly fee for their modem. You can get the ARRIS Surfboard SB6183 on Amazon for $49, or the SB8200 for $139 as an upgrade. Both are compatible with Optimum, just the 8200 gives faster speeds and covers more devices.

amother
Mintcream  

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 1:38 pm
The best way to save money with optimum is to call them and say you’re calling to cancel your service because they’re too expensive. They’ll offer you a lower rate, see if you can get it lower and then accept. You’ll have to call again in a year to renew the deal.

I’m saving 50% on my optimum WiFi bill by doing this. Looking at my bill now, I see they’re not charging me for the router.

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:35 am
amother Mintcream wrote:
The best way to save money with optimum is to call them and say you’re calling to cancel your service because they’re too expensive. They’ll offer you a lower rate, see if you can get it lower and then accept. You’ll have to call again in a year to renew the deal.

I’m saving 50% on my optimum WiFi bill by doing this. Looking at my bill now, I see they’re not charging me for the router.

I actually just called them and they gave me a $15 discount but I want to still save on the $12 rental fee...

twolilgirlies

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:35 am
doctorima wrote:
Yes, definitely no reason to pay them a monthly fee for their modem. You can get the ARRIS Surfboard SB6183 on Amazon for $49, or the SB8200 for $139 as an upgrade. Both are compatible with Optimum, just the 8200 gives faster speeds and covers more devices.

Thank you so much!

amother
  Mintcream

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:41 am
amother Daphne wrote:
I actually just called them and they gave me a $15 discount but I want to still save on the $12 rental fee...

You can try calling again and saying it’s still too expensive. I’m saving $55 monthly because I was persistent and didn’t just accept their first offer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics