Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Do you say Tehillim at night?

herqueendom

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 7:26 pm
I rarely have time to say during the day. I was told you cant say at night unless its for a refuah shleima for someone. Then I read a book with halachic questions that said if you cant say it during the day, you can say at night. What do most women do if no time during the day?

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 7:41 pm
It's based on one deah from the AriZal, AFAIK. It's far far from halachah m'sinai. My view is it's better to say at night than not say at all. And if one has the option to say it during the day, to try to do so instead of at night. Also, on yom tov/shabbos, that deah doesn't apply--as far as I've learned. And also, on the days where it's an issue according to this deah....it's only until chatzos, not until sunrise. If that helps.

cookiewriter

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 11:23 am
Bump

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:29 pm
All Tanach can't be read without commentary at night. So no. But I do say tehillim for Eis Tzara. So if it's for specific person/situation I do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions