Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Retek Monsey

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 12:39 am
Does anyone have information on Retek high school? Is it well established now? Which school in monsey would you say its equivalent to? How many grades to they have?

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 1:00 am
Fantastic place. Different approach and methods of learning. Very solid parent body. Chassidish run but girls are taught in Litvish Havarah. Mix of girls from different schools. It's relatively new though and still establishing itself. They're going to be having a 12th grade this year.
I know so all this because I have someone very close to me that teaches there and has been teaching in other schools too.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:37 am
Bumping cuz I would like more details on this school.
what the type of student body? whats the academic level? Hashkafa level?
any more info would be appreciated.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:49 am
amother Narcissus wrote:
Bumping cuz I would like more details on this school.
what the type of student body? whats the academic level? Hashkafa level?
any more info would be appreciated.

Hashkafa level is a real mix, (girls have smartphones....) as the school attracts struggling girls from chassidish homes, as well as girls from heimish chassidish homes that couldn't get accepted in to other schools.
The school has really become more stable in the past few years & are working very hard in creating a good, frum, solid environment for the girls. They're doing amazing.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:03 am
amother Orchid wrote:
Hashkafa level is a real mix, (girls have smartphones....) as the school attracts struggling girls from chassidish homes, as well as girls from heimish chassidish homes that couldn't get accepted in to other schools.
The school has really become more stable in the past few years & are working very hard in creating a good, frum, solid environment for the girls. They're doing amazing.

Thanks.
Interesting what your saying about smartphones cuz from what I heard they dont allow smartphones.
when you write struggling girls, does that mean dysfunctional or unstable girls?

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:05 am
amother Narcissus wrote:
Thanks.
Interesting what your saying about smartphones cuz from what I heard they dont allow smartphones.
when you write struggling girls, does that mean dysfunctional or unstable girls?

They don't allow smartphones to be brought to school, but girls to have smartphones outside of school.
I wouldn't label girls as dysfunctional, but they are struggling teens and a regular chassidish school is not for them.

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:05 am
From what I’ve seen BCG does an incredible job, and the girls are trained how to be focused adults and good Jews. It’s not similar to any high school I lnow

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:06 am
amother Orchid wrote:
They don't allow smartphones to be brought to school, but girls to have smartphones outside of school.
I wouldn't label girls as dysfunctional, but they are struggling teens and a regular chassidish school is not for them.

Does this school help them stabilize and settle down or is it just a place for them to push through cuz this is where they got accepted?

safetynet1

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:24 am
If a girl has a smartphone in the school, its a tiny minority. The school has been cracking down on texting too lately.

The schools approach is very well rounded. They have a lot of kids that dont fit the 'box' of other schools but are really good kids. They give the girls genuine Yiras Shmayim and a love for yiddishkeit. The girls are from Chassidish homes but more Bais Yaakov Style and a lot of them end up going to seminary in EY.

They very much focus on bringing out each students potential to their max. If a student is not academically inclined she will still shine
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics