Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
KOSHER PLACE TO EAT IN NIAGARA FALLS?

simchat  

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 3:42 pm
Does anyone know of a kosher restaurant or take out place or even store in Niagara falls? That`s open in winter Wink ... TIA

kb

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 4:38 pm
There's kosher food in buffalo

chavamom  

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 4:42 pm
kb wrote:
There's kosher food in buffalo

There is a take-out kiosk in Buffalo in a supermarket. They are VERY used to people picking up food on their way to Niagara Falls. I haven't been there in a number of years, but here is the info I found online: Nissin's Kosher Deli (in Tops Supermarket)
Maple Road, corner of North Bailey.
716-515-0075

chavamom  

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 4:43 pm
Here's the rest of the info: http://yibuffalo.org/food.htm

simchat  

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 5:12 pm
Thanks, but I`m looking for on the Canadian side. We can get food in Toronto on the way, but the last time I went I remember eating at a pizza shop there, but it was summer and a long time ago. I`m looking specifically in the Niagara area as we will arrive around midday and would prefer a hot meal for supper Smile

realeez  

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 5:25 pm
King David has a pizza store there but I believe it's only in the summer. Try calling one of the TO branches and they can tell you for sure.

simchat  

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 5:28 pm
Ok, thanks. I thought so. What`s TO?

chavamom

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 5:37 pm
TO = Toronto.

simchat

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 5:42 pm
Oh oops Smile. I`ll do that, thank you!

realeez

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 5:50 pm
chavamom wrote:
TO = Toronto.

You got it :)and you are right on with the Tops info. Just to add, there is a kosher bakery there now - some items pareve and others dairy - not cholov yisrael.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 11:20 pm
The restaurants in Niagara Falls are open from July 1 to Sept. 1. They are not abnormally expensive for Niagara Falls, because Treif food is abnormally expensive in Niagara Falls. This is pretty much a two month a year town and ALL the businesses there have to make their money fast in the summer. When we used to eat out, we would drive out to outlying areas where the same restaurants were 1/3 of the price.

Chabad is the organizer of the restaurants. The cost of setting up for two months is astronomical, and its a major service they are providing. They do Shabbat meals and minyan in the hotel as well. Not sure where the pizza rest. is but the meat one is in the sheraton fallsview, as is the daily summer minyan.

Chabad house is actually in Saint Catharines.

Hamilton is an hour away at the tip of lake ontario. Amazing place to stay for a shabbat. Hotel in Walking distance to orthodox shul. I won't be around this summer, but if you come before june 19 or after august 28, I would host and could find hospitality if I could not help for whatever reason. Kosher food is available in hamilton at the fortinos on main west (although mostly not prepared fresh food, but there are staples, and if you have a bbq, meat) or hamilton kosher meat market which does have prepared foods.

musiclover

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 9:53 pm
Has anyone been to the kosher restaurants in Niagara Falls (Mendy's Deli and Pizza shop)?
I would like to know what the food, prices, places are like before we go. If they aren't that great, I'll probably just bring food with.
Thanks!

french fries

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 10:04 pm
I went to the pizza shop last summer. It was great to have a kosher place to eat there. Food was ok but very expensive. Ambiance was not so great.

wifey

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 11:28 pm
King David in Niagara Falls burned down last summer or 2 summers ago.

There are the 2 restaurants run by Chabad. I believe the Shaliach's name is Rabbi Zaltzman. Might be worth looking it up and giving him a call.

amother  

Post Sat, Sep 15 2012, 9:46 pm
anything open on sukkos?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 23 2012, 11:05 am
bump

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 23 2012, 12:38 pm
30 min drive to Tops in Buffalo. There are tables and chairs there and you can sit down and eat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics