Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Do Your Children Wear Lands End Coats?
1  2  Next

bbmom

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 10:33 am
Can someone explain the difference between the coats they have? I want to take advantage of the sale and buy for next winter but I'm not sure which coat is considered "a great buy"

Rochelly

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 10:42 am
I find lands end to be very good quality and very warm. They also stand behind their clothing so if the zipper would break ect. you could send it back. My baby has a lands end snowsuit and its great! It seems to be very warm. It can also be washed in the washing machine which is amazing!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 11:01 am
My kids wore Sears coats and snowsuits and were washable.

morahmommy

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 12:22 pm
I fell in love with land's end this year- specifically because of their amazing return policy. They really stand by their products, and will take stuff back anytime. Their coats are warm and not too bulky, their shirts are also amazing.

bbmom

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 12:44 pm
Lands' End Coats

Here's what I'm looking at. I'm just wondering if I'm looking at the right thing. Are they as warm as they are said to be? (5/-15F) Are they worth it?

3tammuz

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 1:29 pm
bbmom wrote:
Lands' End Coats

Here's what I'm looking at. I'm just wondering if I'm looking at the right thing. Are they as warm as they are said to be? (5/-15F) Are they worth it?

Lands End stuff is fantastic. I do think their ratings are accurate. My coat is in great condition after a few years of wear and is as warm as it was listed. They stand behind their product, will fix it even years after purchase and will accept returns even if monogrammed.

You can call the helpline to figure out which coat would be best for you/your climate/your needs.

zigi

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 5:48 pm
my dh bought a lands end coat and he said the the temperature guide is accurate.

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 8:27 pm
I have the toddler parka, bought it for my daughter this year. I like it alot but the zipper broke and now I need to figure out how to return it, as she doesn't have another coat warm enough, for while the exchange is taking place. otherwise they are supposed to be very good.

PIP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 8:37 pm
Best coats ever. Period.

mominlkwd

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 8:44 pm
Thumbs Up Lands End has VERY good quality coats and clothing. I buy my kids and husbands boots there also. The temp. guide is right on.
The return policy is amazing and pink and yellow you can purchase a new one and return the old one when you receive the new one. I did that for a pair of boots. I told them I needed it right away and they told me to buy a new pair and than return the old ones once I received the new ones.

mama-star

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 8:56 am
when I lived in NY my kids wore LE coats and they were awesome

momtomany

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 9:13 am
where do you live? how cold does it get?
The coats you linked to wouldnt be warm enough for a northern US winter, I think. the first number 5F is the coldest you can comfortably wear the coat without extra sweaters under. the second number -15F is the coldest you can wear it with extra sweaters and layers. I think it can get colder than that in the NY area.
they have another category of coats called warmest. (as opposed to warmer that you were looking at)
you may want to consider it depending on where you live.

chaylizi

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 9:13 am
I used to buy the short down coats from LE (about hip length). I have since started buying my kids coats from Baby Gap/Gap Kids. I can get the same coat they are selling in stores (except last years version with tags) for much,much cheaper.

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 10:06 am
chocolate moose wrote:
My kids wore Sears coats and snowsuits and were washable.

Was that when Lands End was being sold at Sears? Do you really mean Lands End coats?

bbmom

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 8:46 pm
chaylizi wrote:
I used to buy the short down coats from LE (about hip length). I have since started buying my kids coats from Baby Gap/Gap Kids. I can get the same coat they are selling in stores (except last years version with tags) for much,much cheaper.

Where?

The reason LE appeals to me is because the thinner coats are so much easier to deal with in the car seats.

I live in the midwest. It's very cold here, colder than NY, but I have yet to see my thermostat read as low 5F... (I lived in NY for five years and I don't think it ever went as cold as five degrees during that time...) The difference is that we don't walk anywhere, ever, especially in the winter.

So for all of you LE diehards - whats the difference between the sport "parka" and the sport "jacket"?

campmommy

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 9:12 pm
I love LE! Their quality is amazing, their washability (is that a word?) is amazing and their return policy is amazing. they also have amazing prices in Overstocks - which is the only place I shop, cause I generally can't afford their regular prices. But if you wear stuff really hard, then it's worth it to pay the full price, cause you can keep on returning. I have a LE coat and I love it!!!!! their warmth ratings are perfect.

BinahYeteirah

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 9:18 pm
bbmom wrote:
So for all of you LE diehards - whats the difference between the sport "parka" and the sport "jacket"?

I didn't look on their website, but generally parkas are longer than jackets.

anonymom

Post Wed, Feb 17 2010, 9:45 pm
Quote:

Sport squall jacket is to the waist.
Sport squall parka is to the hips.
Anything "sport squall" has a warm fleece inside and a waterproof outer shell. (At least the coats and jackets-I dont have experience with the ski pants)

bbmom

Post Thu, Feb 18 2010, 8:07 am
anonymom wrote:
Quote:

Sport squall jacket is to the waist.
Sport squall parka is to the hips.
Anything "sport squall" has a warm fleece inside and a waterproof outer shell. (At least the coats and jackets-I dont have experience with the ski pants)

Which would you recommend?

5S5Sr7z3

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 10:31 pm
bbmom wrote:
Lands' End Coats

I wore a Lands End coat in high school, the temp guide is EXTREMELY accurate, and they are very warm coats. I'll have to keep it in mind next time my kids need coats, they are forever breaking the zippers.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics