Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
The ladies of loganberry.
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
  Cerise

Post Today at 1:32 am
amother Raspberry wrote:
Hashem yirachem just watched the first 2 minutes of that on YouTube and that is not a sitcom and it is not even a little funny

Sorry you don't think so. Usually takes time for it to get funny, and first episodes are building up the characters a little more and setting the scene. it's a family favorite of ours. Everyone I know who watches it loves it.

Episode 5 is hysterical and understood without watching the rest.

It's also older and didn't have a large budget.

amother
  Papaya

Post Today at 1:37 am
amother Cyan wrote:
It hasn’t so far, not by a long shot and no one is obligated to lower prices to save someone else money. Mostly Music is a business and they need to not just cover their expenses, but also make a profit. Clearly they were confident enough in this project to price it accordingly.

What do you mean it hasn’t driven people away so far? A lot of people in this thread alone are saying they wouldn’t buy it again.

amother
  Raspberry  

Post Today at 1:38 am
amother Pear wrote:
I understand that frum movie making is more expensive
But think of it like this
Youll be getting way less views with a $20 pricetag for a 20 min episode vs $5 pricetag
Or even $8 would be justifiable
They could make it the funniest film out there
I just cant justify spending 20 on a 20 min film
(And I believe most ppl wont either)
I would quicker spend $40-60 on a 3 hr professional quality film

It’s usually $60 for an hour and a half type of film or almost 2 hour long film. Which seems to be about breaking even if you break it down per minute of content.

amother
Mocha

Post Today at 1:49 am
I think this is a new idea in the frum community and it is actually brilliant. I enjoyed it very much. I loved the set, the cinematography, the theme song, and the witty dialogue. I also really love the cast. They are phenomenal. Really looking forward to the next episode. I have a feeling we will find out what Malky is up to when we see episode two. Can’t wait!

amother
  Raspberry  

Post Today at 1:56 am
amother Cerise wrote:
Sorry you don't think so. Usually takes time for it to get funny, and first episodes are building up the characters a little more and setting the scene. it's a family favorite of ours. Everyone I know who watches it loves it.

Episode 5 is hysterical and understood without watching the rest.

It's also older and didn't have a large budget.

So this ladies of loganberry is also building up characters in the first episode.

amother
  Raspberry

Post Today at 2:01 am
amother Papaya wrote:
What do you mean it hasn’t driven people away so far? A lot of people in this thread alone are saying they wouldn’t buy it again.

Haha this thread and many others on this site consist of a lotttt of people who can’t deal with other women’s success.

amother
  Bronze

Post Today at 2:38 am
amother Raspberry wrote:
Haha this thread and many others on this site consist of a lotttt of people who can’t deal with other women’s success.

From all the threads here no one has bashed the actors or directors, it has all been about the disappointment of paying so much for 20 mins of entertainment. Everyone happily paid it when they thought it was longer as we all agree their is a lack of entertainment for Jewish women by Jewish women but if we have to pay every time $20 majority of people can't afford it and won't pay out again.
Some people haven't even downloaded the first episode as they in general can't afford it.
Alot of people who watched it turned to Imamother to understand what the plot is, they didn't realise it is a continuation video.
If future episodes are going to be at a more affordable rate e.g $5-8 many more people who have watched the pilot will continue to watch them and I would not be shocked that people who originally haven't watched it will justify paying the one time $20 and then continue with each episode.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics