Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
S/o teen saying I have too many kids
Previous  1  2  3

amother
  Smokey

Post Today at 12:42 am
amother OP wrote:
Op here

If this kid never gets any private time I’d understand her outburst and expression of need. Every other kid got 2 minutes each to be tucked in. She needed to wait a total of 6 minutes. She yentas to me nightly for 1-2 hours. So she knows she gets a lot of time. More than the other kids who aren’t so needy. Like a diff poster said, she just wanted me to do what she wanted NOW and to h-ll with the rest of the family. She can be selfish like that, like hogging the bathroom for 2 hours Friday afternoon when everyone needs showers and we’re all banging down the door.

One therapist we work with that she complained to about me how I wasn’t doing what she wanted calmly looked at her and said “ I work with MANY kids. I’ve never met anyone so calm and dedicated like your mother. Most parents would never tolerate this behavior,” not in that way, more softer so she would get the point, that she has support for her issues. People dropping everything to do her bidding is not the goal here.

Irrespective of what any therapist - who doesn’t live with you says, the answer you gave just reinforces her behavior because it becomes YOU v.s. Me and not we are a team and I love you but mommy needs enough time for everyone
End on a positive note, dont respond to hurt, affirm love.
There is no need to denigrate her
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children