Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Help me find a community...
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:16 pm
I second rochester, it's beautiful here and fits everything on your list except vouchers (though there are subsidy programs for preschool)
Beautiful, low crime area, houses starting in the 300s

tryinghard

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 11:09 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
It's only K-8, a heavy burden of tuition in Cincinnati is in the preschool grades
They still have registration, fees, and give or get (I only know registration fee is $300/student and not refundable)
They have combined classes which means less staffing
They're in NY with more government funding for resource room needs for secular (not sure how much they offer for kodesh)
(And I think they have donor funds directed for this incentive)

Registration 300 per kid
Other fees add up differently every year, higher for older grades, but under 100 per kid
Give or get is 1000 per family

Classes are coed though 3rd or 4th grade depending on the grade, and above that are often combined (ie 5/6 girls, or 6/7 boys) depending on the social and academic situation of each grade.

There is a lot of kodesh support, and government funding for secular support.

Donor support is a huge thing. The idea is “we needed to make this doable for most of our families, but if you can afford more, please help out if you can”.

amother
Burntblack

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 11:26 pm
This might be a bit further out, but Milwaukee has a very nice warm welcoming community with school choice. Affordable housing.

amother
Grape

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 11:28 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
what about Columbus Ohio? It's a small community with several shul options nd a very nice school.
The shuls are also very active and have nice family style events as well as youth groups atthe shul.

We tried to move there a few years ago. It's not great if you are Lubavitch. Plus housing is very high in the Jewish area, and there's a lot of crime there. I was also specifically told the school will not work with special needs children, and I have a son with autism, so I didn't end up taking the job I was offered there.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating