Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What do you want to see more/different in Kids clothes
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 2:14 am
seeker wrote:
Anything for preteens and young teens! Those who don't yet fit even the smallest adult sizes but the kids' clothes are often too childish. Especially especially those girls who are developing as women but still young and too small for adult sizes. There are a couple of stores that sell special teen sizes but considering that they claim to be aimed at teens they have very little that can accommodate curvy girls. The smalls are skinny and the larges are just all wrong for a short, narrow girl.

Ok so for those saying you want preteen
There are some brands already like Luna Mae, hev
What do you want different? Do you just want more or is there something else

neveralone  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 2:31 am
Skirts and sleeves that are long enough, neckline high enough. I find that really hard even in the frum stores. And boys shirts long sleeves and collars also in the summer. And if I’m adding to my wish list prices cheaper than totini!🙃

neveralone

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 2:33 am
Oh and no bathing suit styles!!! Much hatzlocha!

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 2:33 am
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
Love what you stand for so far. I do find Lil Legs very reasonable and would be more than willing to pay the price. For those saying she sounds like Tottini, I would disagree. I find the fit on Tottini to be terrible and the clothing looks homemade. I find with the cheaper brands like Tottini and Kidichic, their dresses are way too tight across the chest and under the arms, and then they flare out like crazy. For me OP, fit is the biggest priority. Make a nice looking, logo-less dress with a great fit and I feel you'll do really well with the heimish population.

I also find lil legs to be pretty reasonable. But no, it’s not like tottini price wise
Ok so I wouldn’t say I’m specifically catering to heimish, yeshivish, chassidish
That being said, I am looking to make classy clothing- I don’t like logos and words splashed across the chest I find the look unrefined, don’t like bathing suit rompers, I don’t like tight legging shorts that look like underwear (whats wrong with regular shorts?!), I don’t like too much brown or black for kids. so I feel that regardless it’ll end up catering to many different kinds of people

amother
Seashell  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 2:52 am
Fun colors but not crazy! I feel like it’s hard to find something colorful but not wild

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 3:04 am
Stuff that doesn’t stain, yom tov clothes for toddlers who are sensitive/ sensory needs ,

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 3:15 am
amother Ebony wrote:
Flattering shift style dresses that work for all sizes. I used to buy such beautiful styles that worked for my yummy narrow daughter and for my yummy chubby daughter.
Also larger sizes for those who are larger.
No elastics on dresses.

yes to shift dresses! my yummy chubby daughter look so pretty, as well as my smaller niece.
For winter, not only black and navy-especially for younger girls! There are so many beautfiul colors, pale pinks and blues, in sweater fabrics, that I see in the secular stores, not in frum.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 3:54 am
Slim fit pants for very skinny boys, cheap cute clothes that r classy

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 4:13 am
Consistency in sizes within the brand
Able to be put in the dryer without it shrinking
Necklines that actually fit over the head but aren't too loose

amother
Cyan  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 4:14 am
My dream list in kids clothing?

True to size. Give accurate dimensions on the website. A kid who is petite/thin shouldn't have to wear an XL. I remember being a size 0 as a teen but went to one brand and to get the shirt over my head I had to put on an XL. Way to give in to disordered eating and body dysmorphia.

A slim line. One of my kids is as skinny as a stick and all clothing just hangs and is baggy.

Color. Not beige or neutrals. Definitely not black. They are kids!!!

Skirts long enough.

Not falling apart after 1 wash.

Actually affordable.

Online!! With a return option!

amother
  Peony

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 4:25 am
amother Denim wrote:
Not to burst your bubble but this sounds just like Tottini. How will your brand stand out?

Tottini is highly popular, we can use another one.

amother
Lime  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 4:28 am
amother Seashell wrote:
Fun colors but not crazy! I feel like it’s hard to find something colorful but not wild

I agree with this. I don’t want to put my toddler in black grey and brown all the time. For my older kids, this past summer virtually all the clothes in every brand were some shade of blue? I’m not sure why. I didn’t see a single purple or yellow shirt for example (random examples). I’d love fresh colorful patterns, not like a clown or anything but just they are kids so let them be cheery and bright

cupcake123

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 4:38 am
I consider lil legs affordable for Shabbos not so much weekday. If I want shabbos clothes besides kidichic they are the only options.
I also like that I can find a lot of 100 percent cotton with Lil legs.

amother
  Seashell

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 4:39 am
amother Lime wrote:
I agree with this. I don’t want to put my toddler in black grey and brown all the time. For my older kids, this past summer virtually all the clothes in every brand were some shade of blue? I’m not sure why. I didn’t see a single purple or yellow shirt for example (random examples). I’d love fresh colorful patterns, not like a clown or anything but just they are kids so let them be cheery and bright

Yes lol my kids entire wardrobe was blue this summer! And white with denim….
Bring back some color!

Tao

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 4:44 am
The problem with making things afforadable is that it then becomes known as a "cheap" brand, which means a lot of people won't buy it because you know, we all have to spend at the expensive stores to prove that we hve the money for it Rolling Eyes

amother
  Lime

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 4:44 am
amother Seashell wrote:
Yes lol my kids entire wardrobe was blue this summer! And white with denim….
Bring back some color!

lol yes and denim is of course blue 😂😂😂 I got so sick of it !

amother
Aster  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 4:52 am
I think ppl are so unrealistic....cheap clothing that looks expensive and free returns etc... how do you think this is realistic or sustainable for the manufacturer? A Jewish woman designing clothing on her own can't compete with children's place/walmart pricing while giving you the expensive look you want. I fully respect kidichic and totinni for being so reasonable especially during sales.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 4:53 am
Tao wrote:
The problem with making things afforadable is that it then becomes known as a "cheap" brand, which means a lot of people won't buy it because you know, we all have to spend at the expensive stores to prove that we hve the money for it Rolling Eyes

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 4:55 am
amother Aster wrote:
I think ppl are so unrealistic....cheap clothing that looks expensive and free returns etc... how do you think this is realistic or sustainable for the manufacturer? A Jewish woman designing clothing on her own can't compete with children's place/walmart pricing while giving you the expensive look you want. I fully respect kidichic and totinni for being so reasonable especially during sales.

Exactly this lol

amother
  Cyan

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 5:05 am
amother Aster wrote:

I don't need expensive looking. I prefer cheap because kids grow so fast. I do want less beige, brown and black. Color shouldn't affect price. Accurate sizing shouldn't affect price.

About free returns- if you live out of town you can't find tzniyus clothing easily. So the ability to return is critical.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics