Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
A 5 min pregnancy and birth, what a drama!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

JasmineDragon

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 4:09 am
amother Dimgray wrote:
Regarding not knowing the father in the case, I’m sure she’ll track down her partners and have them swabbed for DNA testing.

It sounded like they asked the pregnant woman's mother, so hopefully the pregnant woman herself has a better idea of who the father is.

WhatFor

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 6:29 am
Success10 wrote:
One possibility is that the mother wasn't all there, maybe slightly special needs. Also could explain why, as an adult, her mother has to take her to urgent care.

She was in active labor, even if she didn't know that's what's happening. Most women in active labor would need someone else to drive them to the hospital. I wouldn't jump to having special needs.

From watching that show, there's all kinds of reasons people don't know. I think most common is irregular periods due to some medical condition, and sometimes coupled with them being told by doctors that it's impossible for them to conceive naturally.

I've also known of people - even very skinny - who barely show because they're carrying "inside", although that sounds pretty painful. I don't think I've ever had a late third trimester baby that felt like "gas", but I'm not clear that all of these women make it to the late third trimester. Maybe because they're not doing any antenatal care? And I'm sure placenta placement also makes a huge difference.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 9:53 am
DrMom wrote:
Why wouldn't you give her a gift just because she is not Jewish? Missed opportunity!

I guess giving her a copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" wouldn't make sense, since she wasn't expecting at all.

What a crazy story.

I was just thinking that I'd love to gift her with something, after all the Mom said she has no baby clothes. And she seemed more bothered by that then the fact that the Dad is unknown!
But I only have a last name, a common one and I doubt the Doctor's office would be allowed to give it out, confidentiality and all.

I wanted to stick around, but my kids were with me... Looking back maybe I should have stuck around and dh could've taken the kids back to the car.. (And don't forgot, my dd was screaming!).

Don't know which hospital they were transferred to and haven't got a way to find out.

Although, just thinking as I'm typing, I could leave a gift at Reception in the Doctor's office. I have the last name, am sure they'd be happy to pass on!

I'll leave my name and number, and wait. Maybe she'll get in touch. I'll come back to update!!

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 9:57 am
Success10 wrote:
One possibility is that the mother wasn't all there, maybe slightly special needs. Also could explain why, as an adult, her mother has to take her to urgent care.

Didn't seem to be mentally not there. As for the Mom bringing her to urgent care, that's pretty normal in plenty circumstances, especially labor!

Okay she didn't know it was labor, and from what was going on it got worse since setting out, but she was in PAIN, no way she could've come alone!

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 10:02 am
amother Lily wrote:
An attending at a large ER in NYC told me they get this kind of case every month or two.

Guess an ER in a large NY hospital have seen everything!

But this was a small-town Urgent-care and Doc's office, a sleepy place, they probably haven't had this much fun in like forever!

And it had a happy ending, they won't forget this for a looong time!

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 10:36 am
kiwi strawberry wrote:
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!! Isn't there a show called I didn't know I was pregnant, something like that. Wow so so crazy. Hope everyone is well. And hope you get to the bottom of your daughter's rash!

Hey thanks, so nice of you to ask about my dd's rash. Very Happy

We ended up emailing a pic to her allergist back home, who recommended a non-soluble cream which we managed to pick up at a pharmacy.

He said to use it for 24 hours, and put her in a onesie rather then reg pajamas, and zip up back to front so she can't scratch (love this tip, great to have a frum doc in the same trenches!).

She seems happier, but we should take her to be checked if no change in 24 hours...he thinks she may need steroid cream.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 10:41 am
I could so see this happening to me. I had very irregular periods, I’m kind of a spaced out person, my babies were calm and I carried small until the very end (9th month). Plus my labors weren’t so clear even though my water broke. Just felt like strong stomach pains. Wow, I’m glad that at least in my case I was always actively trying to get pregnant and taking pregnancy tests. Otherwise I could see something like this happening to me. (Never mind that I took it literally not to buy baby clothing before the baby is born, and for my first two had naked babies to take home even in the winter, wearing hospital clothes. After that I brought along hand me downs).

synthy

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 11:08 am
DrMom wrote:
Gas? Mine felt like there was a live turkey inside my abdomen. And I can see my abdomen moving around as the baby is rearranging himself inside me and squirming around. How can somebody not notice that?
Same, but only in the last two months. And if the placenta is in front you wouldn’t see the baby moving.

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 11:14 am
I carry very small. I can go with regular clothing one size up most of my pregnancy. (And I'm not obese mostly size 6-8) Some of my kids were very active and some I was concerned that I don't feel movement (my placenta was in the front during those pregnancies) I've never vomited while pregnant the biggest symptom I have is exhaustion but that can be attributed to many other things in life. With one of my kids I got pregnant while nursing I knew I was pregnant cause I was extremely exhausted and it started being very uncomfortable to nurse so I took a test otherwise I probably would of gone a while without knowing I'm pregnant. By my next baby I stained while nursing. Took a pregnancy test like a month later and it was negative. But had the same exhaustion and uncomfortable nursing feelings so I took a pregnancy test a month after that. I was surprised when the doctor told me I'm due much earlier then I thought.

Trademark

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 11:15 am
Maybe some of these people are in denial. No way all of them have zero symptoms, overweight to the point where they don't see changes to their belly and don't feel anything up to the point of labor. I'm sure there are some cases like that, but probably a lot of them are in denial for one reason or another.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 11:38 am
I don’t understand how this happens to skinny people. Do you not have a pregnancy stomach in the ninth month?

amother
Slateblue  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 11:58 am
DrMom wrote:
Why wouldn't you give her a gift just because she is not Jewish? Missed opportunity!

I guess giving her a copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" wouldn't make sense, since she wasn't expecting at all.

What a crazy story.

There are halachik considerations with giving gifts to non Jews. Just saying.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 1:36 pm
I literally have a volley ball protruding when I’m pregnant. Can’t fathom this.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 1:52 pm
Thank you for this post. I’m at the oral surgeon awaiting to have oral surgery and this post is easing my nerves. I love the show on TLC about this and can’t believe you saw this in real life!

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 1:54 pm
amother Orange wrote:
Thank you for this post. I’m at the oral surgeon awaiting to have oral surgery and this post is easing my nerves. I love the show on TLC about this and can’t believe you saw this in real life!

Oooh glad to be of help. I also hate the dentist!!

amother
  Valerian

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 1:55 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:
There are halachik considerations with giving gifts to non Jews. Just saying.

What? Where is this from? Why?

ora_43  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 2:54 pm
I could totally see this happening. As long as the main 2-3 symptoms - no period, big stomach, movement - are missing or minimal, and there's no pregnancy-related illness (eg HG), everything else can be explained as sickness or food intolerance or stress.

No period - lots of possibilities. the woman is on birth control that reduces the frequency of periods, or her periods have never been regular (eg if she has PCOS), or she's expecting menopause soon, or she's still bleeding a bit each month (can happen), or she suspects pregnancy, takes a test, it comes out negative, and she attributes the lack of a period to weight loss or stress.

Big stomach - she carries small (can happen at all sizes).

Movement - placenta in front + calm baby = feeling minimal movements.

Now is it super likely for someone to (1) have hormonal BC/PCOS/bleeding AND (2) carry super small AND (3) have placenta in front + calm baby? Plus (4) not expect pregnancy? No, it's probably like 1 in 50,000. But that's still frequent enough that it's going to happen to someone.

ora_43

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 2:57 pm
Anyway. That's quite the drama! I hope she's happy with her surprise baby. And that your dd's rash resolves.

amother
Maple

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 3:40 pm
Ive always had my placenta in the front and I feel movement and see movement.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 6:34 pm
I called the urgent-care earlier and asked if they would be happy to forward a gift to Ms. XYZ, explaining that I was there during the drama. She said she wasn't there yesterday, but she doesn't see why not, and said she'll get back to me.

She called me back literally 10 mins later and said it would be her pleasure to do so, and thanked me for showing her the goodness of people (thank you Dr. mom, I think you were the poster who suggested it)!

We're not in that town anymore, but I bought a couple of cute stretchies, a pack of bodysuits and some nourishing body cream. (Neutral colors, I don't know if it was a girl or boy, and when I asked the receptionist she said she can't tell me, confidentiality reasons.)

I wrote a cute note, congratulating her and wishing her all the best, and included my (first) name and cell-phone numb. DH just went to post it, and guess I'll wait and see if I hear from her! I'm guessing not, but one never knows!
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics