Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Adhd kid- should I medicate?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
  Mocha

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 1:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Op here- bH he is doing great socially and I think he might be able to succeed with bribes!. That's what I want to try next. The point of this is that I don't know of he has adhd and I don't know what I'm actually doing to my sons body by giving him medicine every day. I would consider giving him a coffee before cheder though 😛

Not sure if you read my post above Speechless
My mom thought the same as you that bribes work... sigh... they only work for external things. I needed more and she thought I was so successful and amazing.
Please do this for him

Do it so he can become a successful adult and not struggle like me

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 1:48 pm
For a child who is struggling I would get evaluated. It is well worth it to make sure it is ADHD and not something else.
Now, if it is ADHD I would medicate. And I have 2 kids with ADHD. They need it and cannot cope without it. One is worse on the ADHD scale and is not functional without meds.

As a therapist I see the consequences every day in my practice of people who have ADHD and never got medicated (or medicated correctly). It's a tough journey finding the right med.
My clients face anxiety, depression, low self esteem, poor coping skills, poor life skills and even addiction. Because they have ADHD and struggled their entire life.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)