Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Malka delay
  Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13 15  16  17  Next

steak4me  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 9:20 am
amother IndianRed wrote:
I’m sure many people would have like to have known this “lashon hara”. It’s letoeles! If known, it could have saved a lot of people so much heartache and money.

Still lashon hora. There’s no point in sharing this now at all. It’s just adding to the flames.

I have no beef in this game at all, just from a logical perspective, camp directors and all staff involved create camps for the kids fun and to make money.

The only way those two happen is if the campers are happy.
It’s not possible that the camp staff has slept these past few weeks. They must be under tremendous stress and just trying to keep everyone happy. It’s an impossible feat.

To start spreading rumors and adding fuel to the fire helps no one. It’s an unfortunate situation for the staff and parents alike. No one would want this situation to happen.

amother
  Oldlace  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 9:32 am
steak4me wrote:
Still lashon hora. There’s no point in sharing this now at all. It’s just adding to the flames.

I have no beef in this game at all, just from a logical perspective, camp directors and all staff involved create camps for the kids fun and to make money.

The only way those two happen is if the campers are happy.
It’s not possible that the camp staff has slept these past few weeks. They must be under tremendous stress and just trying to keep everyone happy. It’s an impossible feat.

To start spreading rumors and adding fuel to the fire helps no one. It’s an unfortunate situation for the staff and parents alike. No one would want this situation to happen.

No one is spreading rumors or adding fuel to the fire.
The fire was set and the only fuel added is a new disheartening sense of distrust which is a direct result of the camp sending updates that proved to be false reassurance .

Moving forward, parents need to work out new plans. It is crucial to have an accurate understanding of what has happened and what is still happening in order to do so:

CITS, TCs, and staff are at the new location. Parents have the responsibility to discern if the circumstances are stable enough to allow their children to stay. There is not enough information to comfortably make a sound decision. So people are trying to find out! Trust me, most are dying for things to work out! Parents are seeking a genuine reassurance this time around - a reassurance that they know they can TRUST. Anyone who knows anything NEEDS to share for the sake of these decisions. That is not called adding fuel.

All the younger age groups are back home. The kids who are back need new plans. The kids who had a fun adventure to laugh about later got lucky. So many other girls need to recover. Whatever the case, the sudden change of events and the way things spiraled left girls and parents alike in a state of shock. Everyone needs to make sense of things.

From a financial standpoint, many cannot move forward with new plans until their payment is refunded. (And think about parents who paid to send multiple daughters… ) There has not been any communication regarding refunds and people are discussing here because they simply need their money .

amother
  Khaki

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 9:37 am
If a poster says "don't worry, everyone is getting refunded" it's not fanning flames to ask how you know because I need that money to decide what to do with my daughter the rest of the summer.

steak4me

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 9:42 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
No one is spreading rumors or adding fuel to the fire.

You can refer back to the original post I quoted. It’s irrelevant info to the situation now so therefore lashon hora and adding fuel to an already uncontrollable fire

amother
Banana  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 9:44 am
admommy wrote:
There was, and may be, some (minor) hunger, discomfort, and unpleasantness. Girls cried and may cry more. But let's keep things in perspective - no one will get hurt or injured, emotionally or physically.
If this had happened to me as a teenager, I would have been traumatized. I had an anxiety disorder at that age. My parents trusted the camp staff to keep me safe. You think none of the girls in that hotel were dealing with things outside of camp, that made this experience a straight up trauma for them?

We are talking about kids here. Kids who trusted that they would be cared for. And whose parents trusted that they would be cared for.

To downplay what some of these girls were put through is cruelty. If ch”v I had a daughter involved in this I’d be looking for a therapist.

amother
  Charcoal  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 9:52 am
amother Begonia wrote:
That’s pearlstien from brc who came to help out, the owner himself was not there

How do you know who someone else saw? I didn’t ask my daughter yesterday but I asked her at 1 am Tuesday night if the owner was still there and she said yes he’s running around like a chicken.

amother
  Begonia  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 9:57 am
amother Charcoal wrote:
How do you know who someone else saw? I didn’t ask my daughter yesterday but I asked her at 1 am Tuesday night if the owner was still there and she said yes he’s running around like a chicken.

I have tons of family there and there were parents that were there to pick up their kids trying to help that I’m in touch with. The owner was not there. Please don’t gaslight family members of girls that were there and deny the reality

aria3578

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 10:02 am
amother Khaki wrote:
This is the kind of accusation and gaslighting that are making parents frustrated.
We know things happen.
But COMMUNICATE.

If you send a one line email that everyone has supper, and my daughter calls me that she's starving and thirsty and I can't reach any adult, then what? I should sit back and say just trust.

Communicate regarding refunds. Communicate regarding everything.

Parents are getting frustrated because there is limited communication, daughters are calling for 10 seconds, crying but there's no one to reach

They haven’t sent any emails out to the parents since last night.
Nothing about refunds or how the campers are in the new grounds.

amother
  Sage  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 10:15 am
amother Mayflower wrote:
Looks like a man made “tragedy” in which bad planning, self interest, and mighty doses of ego got in the way.

If it wasn't caused by you, you can be sure that this is predestined for every single person who was affected, for reasons we don't understand right now. Hard to believe, but one day it be crystal clear how this was the best thing that could have happened to each person who was affected.

A person can not cause even one drop of harm to anyone unless it was preordained from Above.

amother
Mocha  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 10:16 am
Maybe when they have a minute to think they should consider that a camp that rejects good kids from good homes in hurtful ways cannot and shouldn’t go on
I personally know of two wonderful families who were awfully hurt by the owners last summer
I’m sure they weren’t the only ones
Hashem should help them correct their mistakes
(And me correct my own)

Im obviously not suggesting I know exactly why this happened , but I can’t help making that connection

amother
  Sage  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 10:20 am
amother Mocha wrote:
Maybe when they have a minute to think they should consider that a camp that rejects good kids from good homes in hurtful ways cannot and shouldn’t go on
I personally know of two wonderful families who were awfully hurt by the owners last summer
(And me correct my own)

Im obviously not suggesting I know exactly why this happened , but I can’t help making that connection

Pure unnecessary lashon hara.

if you really feel this is important for the owners to know, you could have contacted them.

amother
  Mocha

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 10:22 am
amother Sage wrote:
Pure unnecessary lashon hara.

if you really feel this is important for the owners to know, you could have contacted them.

I did
To no avail

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 10:26 am
Sorry, that's a lot of camps... I'm a morah and speak to many camps as a reference. I've had many students who are great girls from great families not get into camp. There are limited spaces and limited slots and Hashem runs the world and decides who goes where. It's painful not to get in, don't get me wrong. But to say this is happening because of that? They only have so many beds. It's no different when the girls apply to seminary and are great girls from great homes and don't get in.

amother
  Sage

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 10:28 am
amother Mocha wrote:
I did
To no avail

Firstly, they are in crisis mode now, so you think they have time to respond to you?

Secondly, that doesn't give you a heter to spread lashon hara about them.

amother
Kiwi  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 10:31 am
amother Begonia wrote:
I have tons of family there and there were parents that were there to pick up their kids trying to help that I’m in touch with. The owner was not there. Please don’t gaslight family members of girls that were there and deny the reality

Maybe he was at the new camp to try to get things moving and was comfortable leaving R' Perlstein in charge over there. I'm not minimizing the story in any way, or justifying anything that was done. I am reminding all that we have an obligation of dan l'kaf zechus and unless you are 1,000% certain of every single detail of the story, this conversation is making many uncomfortable. Even if you are certain -- dan l'kaf zechus is to be aware that you do not know if you would behave differently in that situation, with the exact circumstances. Do all you need to do to advocate for your children. Please do not malign other frum Jews on a public forum.

amother
  Banana

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 10:33 am
amother Mocha wrote:
(And me correct my own)

This line of commentary is really not helpful for anyone. It’s also such a petty way of thinking. The girls who didn’t get in should be thankful that they didn’t have to go through all this, and feel bad for those who do.

amother
  Kiwi  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 10:57 am
amother Banana wrote:
This line of commentary is really not helpful for anyone. It’s also such a petty way of thinking. The girls who didn’t get in should be thankful that they didn’t have to go through all this, and feel bad for those who do.

Agreed! Bottom line is, k"h there is a shortage of schools and camps. Are you willing to open a school or camp? There are so many applicants and only so many slots available!

amother
  Lightyellow

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 11:06 am
amother Pink wrote:
I have no stakes in this drama since I my children don't go to sleepaway camp (we can't afford) but maybe we can look at this as a kapara from Hashem. So many tragedies recently ..... Maybe this is instead....

We don’t have to find meaning in it. We’re not obligated to do that. And yes this is not a tragedy but people suffered pain and loss of money, so don’t downplay that by saying ‘it could’ve been worse’

amother
  Amber  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 11:17 am
amother Begonia wrote:

Do you even know who the owner is at this point?

And from what I remember there are a lot of "heads " there that make decisions. So we don't really know who is the owner per say.

amother
  Begonia  

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 11:25 am
amother Amber wrote:
Do you even know who the owner is at this point?

And from what I remember there are a lot of "heads " there that make decisions. So we don't really know who is the owner per se.

Sure we do, whether he is still in charge is another question….
Page 12 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics