Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Famous Musician Ignored in Metro Station
Previous  1  2

Mama Bear  

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 10:31 am
Oh I'm a big fan of miri ben ari! I should look into her more. (I do get sad watching non frum performers though.)

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 10:32 am
NativeMom wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:
There is a band called Nuttin But Stringz, who began by playing the subways in NY and got so big that they were 2nd runner up this summer on America's Got Talent. I'm a really sucker for violin playing, so I enjoy watching them on Youtube. They combine hip hop with classical violin, some of their music mamish sounds like Jewish Music, it's amazing. Some bands do strike it big when starting in the subway system.

I love listening to them! I used to play a violin but gave it up years ago. I really regret it because I love violin music.

And about people playing in the subway, I've always noticed some very talented people playing but I hate staring! so I keep walking. If they're playing near or on the platform then I just find a place to stand and listen. I probably would have just walked by that guy if I heard him playing
trust me they love being stared at!!!!

NativeMom

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 10:34 am
I know they do. I don't know why it bothers me!

octopus

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 11:49 am
my dad always told me (in reference to ny city subways) to never open my purse or make eye contact- especially with men. safety first.

newmom

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 9:23 pm
Is the guy who dances with the fake lady still around? I always got a good chuckle from that, but it's been some years since I've been a straphanger.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links