Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
White tichel
Previous  1  2

tf

Post Yesterday at 9:25 am
tweety1 wrote:
What?? We have no connection to satmar whatsoever; especially from dh side.

This was not meant to say about anyone who is not satmar so I don't understand what you mean with your post

amother
Mimosa  

Post Yesterday at 9:31 am
amother OP wrote:
How do you know this? Others on this thread didn't seem to see it that way

Satmar is against shaitels totally. You will find the shpitzel as a frum Satmar headgear.
The Rebbe was upset that many many people were wearing shaitels so he implemented it that in Satmar shuls you wear just a white tichel on RH and YK.
Going back a few years a turban was a popular choice to wear to shul because many had that and used it every Friday night. Today with so many pretty bandanas and pretied tichels, wearing turbans to shul are just not such a things anymore.
I myself only wear a which tichel if I daven in Satmar. Otherwise I wear my shaitel and tichel on top like I would do any shabbos.

amother
Petunia

Post Yesterday at 10:19 am
Interestingly enough in satmar most that wear shpitzlech do not wear their shpitzel either on rh and yk

amother
Burntblack

Post Yesterday at 10:42 am
As someone who is just plain litvish this thread fascinates me. So is it a plain tichel like I wear when I'm around my house or running a quick errand? Or is it a tichel with the special volume type thing underneath???

amother
  Mimosa

Post Yesterday at 10:53 am
amother Burntblack wrote:
As someone who is just plain litvish this thread fascinates me. So is it a plain tichel like I wear when I'm around my house or running a quick errand? Or is it a tichel with the special volume type thing underneath???

Typically it was a big silk square, folded with a triangle and tied behind and the triangle hanging down. Small foam/cotton liner for bit of height (shhh and sweat absorbance). Quite similar to the tichel they sell today with the long strings. They sell them in white the last year or 2 here.

Pretied bandanas that came in 15-20 years ago are acceptable too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur