Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Where did you go on vacation?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

DVOM

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 2:40 pm
3.5 weeks in Israel.

Highlights: snorkeling in the Red Sea, camping in the Eilat mountains, hiking Ein Arugot, Shabbos in the Old City, visiting the gates of the har habayit.

It was a magical trip.

amother
  Hosta  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 2:51 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
10 day trip to all 5 Utah National Parks and the Grand Canyon North rim. It was incredible!
I'm interested in hearing more about the banff/glacier trip. Did you drive?

Also interested in hearing about the smoky mountains trip.

Happy to share how we did it. I would also like to hear where you stayed when you did the national parks in Utah and the Grand Canyon.

We flew from New York to Calgary and then drove an hour west to Banff. We stayed in a small town in an Airbnb and went to Banff national Park.

We then drove five hours south to Montana to glacier national Park and stayed three nights in an Airbnb there. Then flew back to New York.

Yes we had to take all our food with us, but it was 100% worth it.

BaltoMom65

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 2:53 pm
My mind

amother
  IndianRed  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 2:57 pm
NY to Great Smokies. We brought cooked (frozen) food from home and stayed in hotels/timeshares with full kitchens.

Sunday 8/18

NY to Baltimore: ~ 4 hours drive time

Residence Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor 17 Light St Baltimore, MD 21202

Things to do in Baltimore:

2 excellent playgrounds walkable from each other: Rash Field 201 Key Hwy, Baltimore, MD 21230 Federal Hill Park, 300 Warren Ave, Baltimore, MD 21230 (20 minute walk from hotel)

Port Discovery Children's Museum 35 Market Pl, Baltimore, MD 21202 (10am-5pm) ($25/person) (12 minute walk from hotel)

Monday 8/19

Baltimore to Roanoke: ~ 5 hours drive time

Residence Inn Roanoke 3305 Ordway Dr NW, Roanoke, VA 24017

Things to do in Roanoke:

Virginia Museum of Transportation 303 Norfolk Ave SW, Roanoke, VA 24016 ($15/person) Historic cars and trains. (Open Tuesday) 10am-5pm

Tuesday 8/20

Roanoke to Sevierville: ~ 4 hours drive time

We stayed in my family timeshare

https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdes.....lodge

The hotel has 4 on site waterparks all included in the stay so that's what we did. There are tons of family friendly and nature activities in the area but we chose to enjoy the hotel activities to save money.

Tuesday 8/27

Sevierville to Asheville: ~ 2 hours drive time

Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- 88 Tunnel Rd, Asheville, NC 28805

Things to do in Asheville:

Biltmore Estate (expensive)

Wednesday 8/28

Asheville to Greensboro ~ 3 hours drive time

Homewood Suites by Hilton Greensboro 201 Centreport Dr, Greensboro, NC 27409•(336) 393-0088

Things to do in Greensboro:

Miriam P. Brenner Children's Museum 220 N Church St, Greensboro, NC 27401. (12$/person)

Thursday 8/29

Greensboro, NC to Williamsburg, VA: ~ 4 hours drive time

(we stayed in timeshare again https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdes.....sgate)

Things to do in Williamsburg: fabulous playground Kidsburg 3793 Ironbound Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23188

Sunday 9/1

Williamsburg, VA to National Harbor ~3 hours drive time (stayed in another of our timeshares https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdes.....arbor)

Monday 9/2

National Harbor to NYC 5 hours drive time

icedcoffee

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 3:23 pm
Nothing huge this year but my husband and I went to the kosher hotel in Miami and had a really great relaxing time.

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 3:36 pm
Scranton pa
Chabad of cabo

Magnolia72

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 3:37 pm
FL

amother
Chicory

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 3:43 pm
I vacationed in my bathroom. The only place I can have my space

amother
  Hosta  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 3:46 pm
icedcoffee wrote:
Nothing huge this year but my husband and I went to the kosher hotel in Miami and had a really great relaxing time.

The Altair? Can you give a little more details about how it was? What are the rooms like? How was the food? And what if any activities did you do? Thanks.

amother
RosePink

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 5:12 pm
We went to Colorado. Stayed in the mountains for the week and Denver for Shabbos- shoutout to the Denver community who were really friendly and welcoming.
We toured the Rocky Mountains, Colorado Springs, and smaller towns in Colorado too. We saw Hashems amazing world from sunsets to driving up to high altitude to huge boulders and waterfalls and wild animals.
It was spectacular!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 5:19 pm
I always go to the jli retreat which is a wonderful frum kosher learning vacation with all kinds of activities for the whole family! been going 14 years now

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 5:20 pm
We wanted to go somewhere within easy driving distance of NYC this year, so we ended up going to the Cape May area. We rented a house on the bay side away from beaches and we had a lot of fun looking for shells and crabs and other sea life. We took a trolley tour of the area and visited a couple of lighthouses. One day we rented kayaks to explore the inlets and another day we went to the zoo (free!). My boys especially loved the aviation museum. We took a farm tour and went whale watching. There was definitely enough to keep us busy for a few days. We brought food with us.

amother
  Lotus  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 5:22 pm
amother Hosta wrote:
Happy to share how we did it. I would also like to hear where you stayed when you did the national parks in Utah and the Grand Canyon.

Thank you for responding! Sounds amazing! Did you need to make reservations for Glacier long in advance? Can you fly with meat to Canada?

We stayed in 3 Airbnbs for 3 nights each.
La Verkin - We went to Zion, Grand Canyon and Kolob Canyons section of Zion.
Then drove to next airbnb and went to Cedar Breaks National Monument on the way.
Panguitch - We went to Bryce Canyon, stayed for Shabbos and went to Red Canyon.
Then on the way to the third Airbnb we drove through Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument.
Teasdale - We went to Capitol Reef, Arches and Canyonlands.

Marinated meat and chicken, froze it and fit it all in a cooler bag inside a carry on size suitcase. Arranged a Walmart order pickup in Las Vegas for a cooler and portable grill and snacks etc. Stopped at Costco to get cheese.

amother
  Lotus

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 5:23 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
We went to Colorado. Stayed in the mountains for the week and Denver for Shabbos- shoutout to the Denver community who were really friendly and welcoming.
We toured the Rocky Mountains, Colorado Springs, and smaller towns in Colorado too. We saw Hashems amazing world from sunsets to driving up to high altitude to huge boulders and waterfalls and wild animals.
It was spectacular!

Would love to hear more about your trip!

amother
Eggplant

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 5:27 pm
We did a Canada tour—Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver.

amother
  Hosta  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 6:05 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
Thank you for responding! Sounds amazing! Did you need to make reservations for Glacier long in advance? Can you fly with meat to Canada?

We stayed in 3 Airbnbs for 3 nights each.
La Verkin - We went to Zion, Grand Canyon and Kolob Canyons section of Zion.
Then drove to next airbnb and went to Cedar Breaks National Monument on the way.
Panguitch - We went to Bryce Canyon, stayed for Shabbos and went to Red Canyon.
Then on the way to the third Airbnb we drove through Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument.
Teasdale - We went to Capitol Reef, Arches and Canyonlands.

Marinated meat and chicken, froze it and fit it all in a cooler bag inside a carry on size suitcase. Arranged a Walmart order pickup in Las Vegas for a cooler and portable grill and snacks etc. Stopped at Costco to get cheese.

We needed to buy park passes for both the Canadian national parks and for glacier national Park in Montana.
In addition, they now require vehicle passes to enter the parks.
For Banff, we had a private company bring us into the park.
For glacier we were not able to get vehicle entrance passes so I purchased boat tours which automatically give you an entrance. Glacier national park is very large and has seven entrances not all of which require a vehicle pass.
All entrance is require a park pass which is easy to purchase online.
I can go into more detail after Shabbos.
Yes we brought food. We just did not declare it going into Canada:)

amother
  Salmon  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 6:33 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
NY to Great Smokies. We brought cooked (frozen) food from home and stayed in hotels/timeshares with full kitchens.

Sunday 8/18

2 excellent playgrounds walkable from each other: Rash Field 201 Key Hwy, Baltimore, MD 21230 Federal Hill Park, 300 Warren Ave, Baltimore, MD 21230 (20 minute walk from hotel)

Port Discovery Children's Museum 35 Market Pl, Baltimore, MD 21202 (10am-5pm) ($25/person) (12 minute walk from hotel)

Monday 8/19

Things to do in Roanoke:

Virginia Museum of Transportation 303 Norfolk Ave SW, Roanoke, VA 24016 ($15/person) Historic cars and trains. (Open Tuesday) 10am-5pm

Tuesday 8/20

The hotel has 4 on site waterparks all included in the stay so that's what we did. There are tons of family friendly and nature activities in the area but we chose to enjoy the hotel activities to save money.

Tuesday 8/27

Wednesday 8/28

Homewood Suites by Hilton Greensboro 201 Centreport Dr, Greensboro, NC 27409•(336) 393-0088

Miriam P. Brenner Children's Museum 220 N Church St, Greensboro, NC 27401. (12$/person)

Thursday 8/29

Things to do in Williamsburg: fabulous playground Kidsburg 3793 Ironbound Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23188

Sunday 9/1

Williamsburg, VA to National Harbor ~3 hours drive time (stayed in another of our timeshares https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdes.....arbor)

Monday 9/2

Thanks so much for all the details. Really incredible.

amother
Offwhite

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 6:36 pm
Jiminy Peak
It was an easy fun no-research trip. It was exactly what we needed after a research-ful trip to the Eclipse in April

amother
  Salmon  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 6:36 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:

Sunday 8/18

Monday 8/19

Things to do in Roanoke:

Tuesday 8/20

Tuesday 8/27

Wednesday 8/28

Thursday 8/29

Sunday 9/1

Monday 9/2

Did you go to Tennessee and hike in the mountains there?

amother
  Salmon

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 6:40 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
It was spectacular!

Love to hear more about this.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics