Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Rochel school in Monsey starting late this year
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 12:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
All the years they started right after labor day and this is the first year that they are pushing it off a full week.
And BTW, there are still MANY parents that are not Chasidish at all.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 12:04 pm
Most Monsey schools are starting a week or so after labor day. Only the Chasidish schools are starting earlier.

amother
  Tanzanite  

amother DarkGray wrote:
AFAIK.

Also to consider is that if they want to follow chassidish schools, they should do it all the way, and not cherry pick when it works for them.

Chassidish schools give off much fewer days (for elementary) throughout the year. So can we expect them to do the same this year? Or is it only when it works in their favor?

Bais Rochel doesn't have more days off than other chassidish schools. I have many neighbors and relatives in Bais Rochel, they're off the same days as my girls and other neighbors are off.

amother
  DarkGray  

amother Tanzanite wrote:
What's not true?
Bais Rochel is not starting a week after other chassidish schools.

Chasidish neighbors are starting this week. I have to confirm which school they go to, so Ill get back to you

amother
  Tanzanite  

amother Peony wrote:
Most Monsey schools are starting a week or so after labor day. Only the Chasidish schools are starting earlier.

This. Some chassidish schools started today, but most schools are starting next week.

amother
  Tanzanite  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 12:05 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
Chasidish neighbors are starting this week. I have to confirm which school they go to, so Ill get back to you

Some chassidish elementary schools started today. (Some even with 1/2 day.) But most are starting next week.

amother
  DarkGray

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 12:07 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
Bais Rochel doesn't have more days off than other chassidish schools. I have many neighbors and relatives in Bais Rochel, they're off the same days as my girls and other neighbors are off.

They sure do. I have kids in the school and they are off at every turn. For example, fast days are usually half days in chassidish schools, my kids always had the full day off. Erev pesach my kids were always off approx 3 days before chassidish schools. And they finish the school year a few days earlier as well.

And as I noted, tuition is cheaper in chassidish schools than it is for BR. If they are aligning themselves with chassidish schools, they should align the tuition fees as well.

amother
  Tanzanite  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 12:11 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
They sure do. I have kids in the school and they are off at every turn. For example, fast days are usually half days in chassidish schools, my kids always had the full day off. Erev pesach my kids were always off approx 3 days before chassidish schools. And they finish the school year a few days earlier as well.

And as I noted, tuition is cheaper in chassidish schools than it is for BR. If they are aligning themselves with chassidish schools, they should align the tuition fees as well.

My girls and plenty other neighbors in chassidish schools are off the same when bais rochel is. Satmer school usually ends before other schools & has more off.
Tuition has also risen drastically in most chassidish schools. My kids school is $750 Elementary, $1000 high school. Even Viznitz that always charged very little, went up to $550. All schools raised tuition.

amother
Tan  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 12:12 pm
I am very annoyed. I dont send to bais rochel but my kids playgroup is going according to their schedule. So now im paying for a full month of September when im only getting 2/3 of the month. And then im paying for October when theres seven days.
School usually starts around the fifth- the same week as labor day.
Most monsey schools started this week ysv, bas mikrah, bais mikrah, bym ik for sure

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 12:53 pm
Again, the fact is that this year is the first year that they are starting almost a full week later than all the previous years.

People work, people have appointments, and people don't always have a way of entertaining their kids when they are bored. I was not able to find a single parent who was happy about it and it definitely came as a very unpleasant surprise to some of them.

As far as the Imas attacking me personally or trying to sidetrack the discussion by taking words I said out of context and turning the conversation away from the main point. I am so glad that you don't understand me and that everything works well for you. May you always have Nachas from your kids and enjoy every moment you spend with them. I mean it wholeheartedly.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 12:53 pm
Most Chassidish schools started today. So it's not a full week later. Many high schools are starting next week Monday or Tuesday., Chassidish and Heimish ones, like Viznitz, Bnos, BCG

amother
  Tanzanite  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 12:57 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
Most Chassidish schools started today. So it's not a full week later. Many high schools are starting next week Monday or Tuesday., Chassidish and Heimish ones, like Viznitz, Bnos, BCG

Some schools did start today, but I don't think most did. Especially not high schools. Belz school had half day & was home by 12.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 12:57 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:

If you give a person an apple, he will be happy. If you give a person 2 apples then take one away, he will be very angry.
I guess we were the ones with 2 apples all the years until one was taken away.

amother
Seagreen  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 1:15 pm
amother Tan wrote:
I am very annoyed. I dont send to bais rochel but my kids playgroup is going according to their schedule. So now im paying for a full month of September when im only getting 2/3 of the month. And then im paying for October when theres seven days.
Most monsey schools started this week ysv, bas mikrah, bais mikrah, bym ik for sure

This !!! I know many are messed up now with playgroups starting late due to being on bais rochel schedule. Its so so upsetting . And as a parent who previously sent to a bais rochel playgroup, they do have a lot of vacation but tuition is cheaper

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 1:40 pm
amother Tan wrote:

Even public school starts on Wednesday after labor day. I have not yet heard one single good explanation on why Jewish kids should start even one second after them.

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 3:39 pm
I live in Baltimore and the schools usually open the tuesday after labor day. 2 schools didn't open until today (thursday) this year, with one of the schools not starting preschool until next monday. I'm not sure why they did it, but they did.

amother
Alyssum  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 4:33 pm
I’m also a parent and can’t wrap my brain around this!! We are supposed to entertain the girls without any company… the official reason I got was that the teachers don’t have so much material to teach about yom tov!! Totally insane😡

amother
DarkRed  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 4:41 pm
I think Cheder Chabad Monsey is also starting next week.

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 4:59 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
I’m also a parent and can’t wrap my brain around this!! We are supposed to entertain the girls without any company… the official reason I got was that the teachers don’t have so much material to teach about yom tov!! Totally insane😡

I think you misunderstood. They can teach Chumash and parsha instead.

amother
  Tan

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:02 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:
I think Cheder Chabad Monsey is also starting next week.

Nope started this week. Maybe the newer chabad school is starting next week but last yr they also started late dir to staffing, location, and money
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics