Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
If your school forged documents about you as a kid
Previous  1  2

DrMom

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 12:40 am
Are these evaluations part of your medical records? If so, then of course you can access them (through HIPPA laws, if you are in the US) and you don't have to go through the school to obtain them. Just write a letter to the therapist who treated you.

Don't mention forged parental signatures, the impact on your well-being as a child, etc. -- just ask in a very straightforward way for your complete records and diagnosis documentation.

See what is written in the records you obtain and use that as a starting point for asking for further documentation.

https://www.verywellhealth.com.....15505

amother
  Poinsettia

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 3:59 am
DrMom wrote:
Are these evaluations part of your medical records? If so, then of course you can access them (through HIPPA laws, if you are in the US) and you don't have to go through the school to obtain them. Just write a letter to the therapist who treated you.

Don't mention forged parental signatures, the impact on your well-being as a child, etc. -- just ask in a very straightforward way for your complete records and diagnosis documentation.

See what is written in the records you obtain and use that as a starting point for asking for further documentation.

https://www.verywellhealth.com.....15505

It depends how long ago this was and where op is located medical records (which a therapist records fall under) need to be kept for 6 years / for a child at least 3 years after they turn 18, so until 21 in the state of NY for example

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 7:40 am
Hugs, OP. That sounds very difficult. And yet there's something I don't understand. I hope I am not coming across as harsh here, I am just trying to see what your thought process is.
amother OP wrote:
Of course it impacted my life. I grew up as the freak of the class. Hardly had any friends... oh and low self esteem.
I wish I could shut the school down but that would affect me and my family.
Why were you the freak of the class? Did the school post the forged reports for everyone to see? Girls who considered being your friend heard the school had reports about you being OCD and ODD so they decided not to befriend you even though you were a perfectly nice, normal child?

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 7:42 am
amother OP wrote:
It was the school social worker. They got a percentage from the therapists I was forced to see based on these evaluation results.
They also forged my parents signature giving themselves permission for all that they did to me.

How do you know all this???

amother
  Almond

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 7:46 am
the world's best mom wrote:
Hugs, OP. That sounds very difficult. And yet there's something I don't understand. I hope I am not coming across as harsh here, I am just trying to see what your thought process is.
Why were you the freak of the class? Did the school post the forged reports for everyone to see? Girls who considered being your friend heard the school had reports about you being OCD and ODD so they decided not to befriend you even though you were a perfectly nice, normal child?

I'm wondering about this too, that's why I asked if it impacted your life.
Were you lead to believe that you're not regular and like the rest of the kids in your class? Were you specifically told by the phycologist that you have issues? If so, you clearly have a case against the school and I would report it if you can say that it was done just to benefit the school financially.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 7:59 am
OP there is nothing wrong with having ocd, and an ocd diagnosis wouldn’t make you an outcast. I believe you that something happened during your school years that shouldn’t have. But I think you have a lot of details mixed up.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics