Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What's the point of chareidy schools
Previous  1  2

amother
  Powderblue  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 3:42 am
Are you the only parents experiencing this? Surely more people are effected by the childcare cuts.

amother
Outerspace

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 3:43 am
Op I’m in north west London and have lived here all my life and never heard of such a thing- so sorry it’s happened to you.

The schools my children go to 100% have families who can’t afford to pay, and I am pretty sure every school round here does too.

Do you have a rav who you can speak to to help with this?

I’m super curious is this is in north or north west London

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 3:51 am
amother Powderblue wrote:
I'm sorry OP for what you are going through.
Sending you hugs 🤗

I haven't heard ever about anyone being expelled because of it. But not let in possibly, they needed entry cards which were received after sorting fees out. But that may be the past.

I know that a lot of people do not receive child care any longer. And someone just mentioned yesterday how they owe ££££ but they've not been expelled....

This. We were told by governors that we can't start the next yr as my parents hadn't paid. My parents spoke to someone in the school saying punish me for not paying not my kids. They ended up saying we should go to school no one will say anything and gave us entrance cards.
It was a horrible week thinking we can't go to school and everyone will know why.

OP your child was suspended. Not that if makes any different.
Please tells the school not to punish your kids for you struggling financially.

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 3:54 am
That’s horrible. Is the school voluntary aided?

Because they are not allowed to expel or force parents to pay.

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 3:58 am
If you are only one month behind and your next child wasn't accepted, I'd reckon that the finances are an excuse and they are trying to push you out for a different reason. It is very, very unusual in the Uk for a kid to be pushed out because of fees. Almost unheard of. Can your Rav do some sleuthing and find out what the real issue is?

I'm also curious what you mean by charedi? It's not a term I've heard in the UK ever.

amother
  Powderblue

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 4:06 am
Could the finances be an excuse not to have your children in the school? It wouldn’t surprise me sadly...

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 5:18 am
I've certainly heard the word chareidi used in the UK, maybe more in Stamford Hill?

https://www.theguardian.com/wo.....trust

https://www.jpr.org.uk/panel/CharediSurvey

OP, so sorry to hear!

I have found UK schools to be very accomodating regarding fees, (and I have sent my kids to many different schools/yeshivos/seminaries in Israel and USA) etc plus the fees are a fraction of what US schools charge, even when a fully private school, not state aided.

It might just be your particular school.

iyh if I ever win the lottery my kids schools who were/are so nice will get my maaser.

The school that expelled my kid for late fees will not be getting a penny.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 5:53 am
Have we not learnt a thing from Hillel haBavli?
So sad.
One month late is just cruel. They must be poorly run.
Can you ask your Rav to speak to them?

amother
  Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 5:57 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
I've certainly heard the word chareidi used in the UK, maybe more in Stamford Hill?

https://www.theguardian.com/wo.....trust

https://www.jpr.org.uk/panel/CharediSurvey

OP, so sorry to hear!

I have found UK schools to be very accomodating regarding fees, (and I have sent my kids to many different schools/yeshivos/seminaries in Israel and USA) etc plus the fees are a fraction of what US schools charge, even when a fully private school, not state aided.

It might just be your particular school.

iyh if I ever win the lottery my kids schools who were/are so nice will get my maaser.

The school that expelled my kid for late fees will not be getting a penny.

I've never heard a school, or the people who send to these schools, call themselves chareidi. But obviously I don't know everybody so it's possible.

I'm surprised about the poster who mentioned entry cards too. I'm pretty sure my parents didn't pay full fees and we have definitely been behind more often than not unfortunately. The schools have never said anything to us. I have one child starting school next year, I have older children in the same school and a couple that have already left and we are not anywhere near paid up and it wasn't mentioned at all at any point.

Op sounds in so much pain, and I know how hurtful it is when we hurt for our kids, it's more painful than anything. I just hope that the school is being honest with her.

Also isn't childcare only till age 3? I don't know because we've never qualified, but would that mean op you are talking about nursery and reception? What's happened now with childcare?

We always say if - when - we make enough money the first thing we are doing is paying up the school fees. We have so much hakaros hatov to the schools. For this, plus so much more.

amother
Lightgray

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 6:19 am
This is shocking. I live in London long enough and have never heard of such a thing. How brutal!
Not that it matters but is it a boys school or girls school?

I also never heard of London schools being referred to as charidy schools. Did you mean a chassidish school?

amother
Sand

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 7:23 am
[amother Stone[/b] wrote:

I'm also curious what you mean by charedi? It's not a term I've heard in the UK ever.

We applied to a primary school in NW London and one of the conditions of entry was that we had to agree "to follow chareidi laws". (No, I didn't even complete the application after I read that). So at least one school does, or used to (as this was a while back), identify itself as Chareidi.

BaltoMom65

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 8:51 am
I'm so sorry op. These schools are unhinged and a chillul Hashem the way they deal with tuition. Allllllll about the money

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 5:30 pm
I'm soooo confused, I'm from London and I use the term chareidi all the time. I hope I haven't offended anyone. What do you call people who send to Beis Yaakov or Tiferes or schools like that?

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 5:53 pm
amother Oak wrote:
I'm soooo confused, I'm from London and I use the term chareidi all the time. I hope I haven't offended anyone. What do you call people who send to Beis Yaakov or Tiferes or schools like that?

I am from London too and don't ever use the word Chareidi. It's an Israeli word. I think people call it Yeshivish/litvish? Not sure to be honest.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics