Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
HS girl wearing the same dress as me
Previous  1  2  3  Next

If you’re 35 plus would you wear a dress you spotted on a teenager?
Yes  
 63%  [ 91 ]
No  
 36%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 143

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 8:41 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
I don't think Junee's caters to 70 year old woman.....
I appreciate when stores are honest about this. I like to ask saleswoman if girls have bought the item I'm interested in. I can see when they're honest or not.

I know and that’s why I was annoyed. That’s the only time I saw an older person there.

amother
DarkGray

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 8:44 pm
As long as it looks good who cares. You can make it more mature looking with the right shoe, jewelry, sheitel style… and I also find that certain stores tend to be shopped at more by teens than adults for example udel is mainly a teen store. Ur guaranteed to find 13 yr olds wearing the same as you. Blew is also pretty young. Certain outfits from fame are also for the young ones. Ask the sales lady if what ur trying on is being bought by lots of teens

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 8:45 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I know and that’s why I was annoyed. That’s the only time I saw an older person there.

Not sure why you have to be annoyed… one day you’ll be 70 and I’m sure you won’t want people being annoyed at you for shopping somewhere!

Op my friends in their 40s share clothes with their post sem dds

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 8:54 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
My 19 yo DD wore the same Mac Duggal dress to her friends wedding that the chasson’s aunt wore. Who shouldn’t have worn it?

Mac duggal is usually an older than 19 style

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 8:56 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Not sure why you have to be annoyed… one day you’ll be 70 and I’m sure you won’t want people being annoyed at you for shopping somewhere!

Op my friends in their 40s share clothes with their post sem dds

I hope that when I'm 70 I'd want to wear age appropriate clothing & not clothing meant for teens & young ladies.

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 8:57 pm
Am I the only one whod be chuffed out my brains?

Im 32 and Id be thrilled a younger girl qas wearing the same as me.
The younger ones are way more fashionable.

giftedmom

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:32 pm
lol my teen sister has the same sweater as me. If anything she’s the one who cares I really have more pressing worries.

sarahmalka

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:36 pm
Why is this a problem? I don't get it. People wear clothes. Enjoy your clothes.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 11:56 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
When I was around 20 I stepped out do the dressing room in Junees and a 70 year old woman stepped out of the other dressing room at the same time trying on the same dress I was trying on.

How do you know she was 70? Maybe manufacturers should start putting age limits on the tags?

synthy

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 11:56 pm
My 65 year old grandma showed up to a vort wearing the same dress as her 18 year old grandkid. My cousin was mortified, Bobby was proud of her own youthful taste.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 12:02 am
amother Cadetblue wrote:
I’m laughing because I am 48 and my 21 and 23 year old DDs and I share clothes. And we have all gotten compliments on the items. But then again, I don’t live in Lakewood.

Same. I actually don't love it but my 20 year old daughter shops my closet ALL THE TIME. I often don't go back to wearing it after she's worn it a few times but some classic items we totally swap back and forth

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 12:09 am
Ugg this thread is so ageist.

Mortified because a 50 year old wore a dress you wore? Do you know how young 50 is? Do you think that there is some magic number and its pearls, dr. Scholls, and housecoats going forward?

Getting annoyed because an old lady shopped at Junees? This is so snobby.

newinbp

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 12:11 am
synthy wrote:
My 65 year old grandma showed up to a vort wearing the same dress as her 18 year old grandkid. My cousin was mortified, Bobby was proud of her own youthful taste.

Was the grandkid the kallah?! Cuz that could be mortifying Wink

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 12:19 am
amother Lightcoral wrote:
Ugg this thread is so ageist.

Mortified because a 50 year old wore a dress you wore? Do you know how young 50 is? Do you think that there is some magic number and its pearls, dr. Scholls, and housecoats going forward?

Getting annoyed because an old lady shopped at Junees? This is so snobby.

100 agree. Snobby and immature. Ughhh. In any case if you shop frum stores where they have like 10 new dresses a season, what do you think is going to happen??? I don't shop frum stores- who wants to looks like everyone on the block? But I think all ages can dress however they please.

synthy

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 12:21 am
newinbp wrote:
Was the grandkid the kallah?! Cuz that could be mortifying Wink
No! At least that.

rachelbg

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 12:27 am
Dresses for anyone older than 24mos doesn’t have a recommended AGE on a tag, just a SIZE.

Why is it outrageous to be wearing a dress that looks good on you and see someone else who’s not your age look good in it too?

Women of all ages are all sizes.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 4:07 am
I wouldn't wear a dress my own daughter or mother owned, because that it looks odd (to me) for a family to be dressed identically.

But some random person? Who cares? It's not a custom gown, it's an off-the-rack dress.
I fully expect that someone other than myself will own the same item, and I have no idea if we are all in the same age bracket.

Also, so many of the floral dresses that women wear these days look like granny dresses, so don't be shocked when your grandma wears them!

imaima

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 4:13 am
amother OP wrote:
I always remind the saleswomen in stores that I don’t want to match my girls. Not even my married daughter. But it happened again. I spent $200 on a dress, went to a vort and a 14 year old girl was matching me. Do I bury in the back of my closet and never wear again?

Why should you do it but not thw 14 year lld girl?
Why would teen culture determine what the adult culture is?

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 4:19 am
When I was newlywed I saw a woman in her 40s wearing a dress I had, after that it just always looked old to me. But I guess I never really loved it to begin with. I think if I really loved an item I would still wear it. I don't understand how this doesn't happen when people all shop in the same few stores.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 8:59 am
I bought a long dress in a local store to wear to my niece's wedding. It was definitely a more mature type of style. And when I got there, there was an older teen girl (or maybe she was in her low 20's) from the other side (chosson's relative) wearing the same dress.

I actually felt sorry for her. I'm thinner and the dress looked so much better on me, and it's too mature for a young girl.

I'm not stopping to wear it.

Last edited by Chayalle on Tue, Jun 18 2024, 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics