Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Very basic important vaccines for baby
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

small bean

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 2:00 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
Why would that be? The virus stays dormant and can get reactivated more than once. AFAIK no immunity issues.

Because your antibodies should prevent the same vitus from reactivation.

amother
  Tan  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 2:08 pm
Supermom#1 wrote:
OMG, you must be kidding!

I know a lot more people who had permanent damage from covid than from shingles/ chicken pox which is apparently the latest critical vaccine.

And before you say that the covid vaccine is ineffective, the varicella vaccine isn't that much more effective. Varicella is just less common so less people get it.

amother
  Tan  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 2:13 pm
I happen to have also written the first post in this thread, the one that tells OP not to give her child any vaccines right now.

6 months is the worst time to vaccinate a child in my opinion. Before 6 months, the danger from all illnesses, including vaccine preventable illnesses, is at its peak. By 6 months most diseases won't be critically dangerous anymore. But the baby is much more vulnerable to vaccine injuries than they will be later.

I understand why someone would give, for example, the RSV vaccine to a newborn. The risk from an illness is higher for a newborn. I understand why people feel safer giving vaccines to older children or taking them as adults. The older you are, the less likely a vaccine injury will impair development. But 6 months old has got to be the worst time from both perspectives. At 6 months the risk is highest and the benefits are lowest. Vaccines have risks and illnesses have risks. You always want to pay attention to the risk benefit ratio.

amother
  Cantaloupe  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 2:25 pm
amother Tan wrote:
I happen to have also written the first post in this thread, the one that tells OP not to give her child any vaccines right now.

6 months is the worst time to vaccinate a child in my opinion. Before 6 months, the danger from all illnesses, including vaccine preventable illnesses, is at its peak. By 6 months most diseases won't be critically dangerous anymore. But the baby is much more vulnerable to vaccine injuries than they will be later.

I understand why someone would give, for example, the RSV vaccine to a newborn. The risk from an illness is higher for a newborn. I understand why people feel safer giving vaccines to older children or taking them as adults. The older you are, the less likely a vaccine injury will impair development. But 6 months old has got to be the worst time from both perspectives. At 6 months the risk is highest and the benefits are lowest. Vaccines have risks and illnesses have risks. You always want to pay attention to the risk benefit ratio.

The maternal antibodies are also not there or at least significantly lower past 6 months, so puts them at a new risk.

When measles was going around in about 2018, an infectious disease Dr told me that baby’s above 6 months old should get MMR as they’re more at risk than younger babies who still have some antibodies from mother.

#BestBubby  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 2:35 pm
amother Tan wrote:
The CDC says the vaccine is safe and effective.

Dr. Faucci was interrogated by congress where he admitted to making a lot of false statements to the public.

Very few have any trust in the cdc.

amother
  Tan  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 2:53 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Dr. Faucci was interrogated by congress where he admitted to making a lot of false statements to the public.

Very few have any trust in the cdc.

So who are they trusting when they say that vaccines are safe? When they give vaccines to their babies?

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 3:30 pm
People are coerced that their babies and kids will not be accepted into daycare and schools without the vaccines.

We must change the mandated vaccine laws.

In NJ (lakewood), vaccines are NOT mandatory, one has a religious objection.

However the yeshivos/BY stopped accepting religious objections. Even though they legally can.

amother
  Dustypink

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 3:45 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
The maternal antibodies are also not there or at least significantly lower past 6 months, so puts them at a new risk.

When measles was going around in about 2018, an infectious disease Dr told me that baby’s above 6 months old should get MMR as they’re more at risk than younger babies who still have some antibodies from mother.
If a mother is naturally immune to measles, she passes on a nice amount of antibodies in her breastmilk even after 6 months. And even more so if she or her child are exposed. Nature's design is beautiful like that.

amother
  Tan  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 3:48 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
If a mother is naturally immune to measles, she passes on a nice amount of antibodies in her breastmilk even after 6 months. And even more so if she or her child are exposed. Nature's design is beautiful like that.

Hashem's design is beautiful like that.

Supermom#1  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 5:54 pm
[quote="amother Tan"]I know a lot more people who had permanent damage from covid than from shingles/ chicken pox which is apparently the latest critical vaccine.

And before you say that the covid vaccine is ineffective, the varicella vaccine isn't that much more effective. Varicella is just less common so less people get it.[/quote

and you don't know people who were permanently damaged and/or "died suddenly" after receiving the Covid vaccine??

amother
  Tan

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 5:57 pm
[quote="Supermom#1"]
amother Tan wrote:
I know a lot more people who had permanent damage from covid than from shingles/ chicken pox which is apparently the latest critical vaccine.

And before you say that the covid vaccine is ineffective, the varicella vaccine isn't that much more effective. Varicella is just less common so less people get it.[/quote

and you don't know people who were permanently damaged and/or "died suddenly" after receiving the Covid vaccine??

I know many children who were permanently damaged in their development from "safe" vaccines.

I believe all vaccines carry risks. I am happy that people are waking up to the dangers of the covid vaccine, but other vaccines also carry risk. Especially when given to young children whose brains are still developing. Whose livers aren't ready to process toxins yet. Whose immune system is just being exposed to the world for the first time.

Supermom#1

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 7:01 pm
amother Tan wrote:
I know many children who were permanently damaged in their development from "safe" vaccines.

I believe all vaccines carry risks. I am happy that people are waking up to the dangers of the covid vaccine, but other vaccines also carry risk. Especially when given to young children whose brains are still developing. Whose livers aren't ready to process toxins yet. Whose immune system is just being exposed to the world for the first time.

oh, definitely! I Totally agree with you that all vaccines carry risks. It's just that there is soooo much info coming out recently about the awful effects of the Covid vaccine. Since you seem to be so aware, how could you possibly recommend this for a baby??? I was sure you were kidding! For a baby? NO. A million times NO.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 7:21 pm
All this, and I mention whooping cough.

Tetanus, eventually, if you live in the country. It is in soil.

But at what age? That can be discussed. They can also be spaced out. Not given all at once. That is better. The child should be a good weight, and not have a cold at the time of the vaccination.

amother
  Silver

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 11:33 pm
I stand corrected about chicken pox /shingles.

My point about rotavirus is that it is one of many stomach viruses that could chv cause a baby to become dehydrated to the point of hospitalization, and they are common. Vaxing for that one does not prevent the others. I chose not to vax my LO for rota, as it is a relatively new vaccine and the risks seemed to outweight the benefit. LO did end up getting rotavirus, and did go to hospital. BH we took LO in at the first sign of illness so they put an IV and the baby was able to be treated. Horrible to watch your child be sick, but I did not regret my decision because I personally know people who got way sicker from vaccines, especially the covid one - know someone who got paralyzed, one got severe DVT... But in defense of Tan, covid itself has also causes strange long-term effects in people I am close to. That one is a lose-lose.
When babies have died from rotavirus, it is very rare, and it is from severe dehydration, which, again, can be caused by a plethora of other viruses, so it seems just exaggerative to vaccinate for it. Should we vaccinate for the common cold? Might say yes. Then we should vax for every possible illness in existemce. Do you think that would eradicate all disease? No. Because Hashem made sicknesses for a reason. New ones always pop up. We are meant to get sick sometimes and we are all meant to ine way or another die. (Until Mosshiach comes, may it be speedily in our days!!)

amother
  Cantaloupe

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 11:39 pm
amother Silver wrote:
I stand corrected about chicken pox /shingles.

My point about rotavirus is that it is one of many stomach viruses that could chv cause a baby to become dehydrated to the point of hospitalization, and they are common. Vaxing for that one does not prevent the others. I chose not to vax my LO for rota, as it is a relatively new vaccine and the risks seemed to outweight the benefit. LO did end up getting rotavirus, and did go to hospital. BH we took LO in at the first sign of illness so they put an IV and the baby was able to be treated. Horrible to watch your child be sick, but I did not regret my decision because I personally know people who got way sicker from vaccines, especially the covid one - know someone who got paralyzed, one got severe DVT... But in defense of Tan, covid itself has also causes strange long-term effects in people I am close to. That one is a lose-lose.
When babies have died from rotavirus, it is very rare, and it is from severe dehydration, which, again, can be caused by a plethora of other viruses, so it seems just exaggerative to vaccinate for it. Should we vaccinate for the common cold? Might say yes. Then we should vax for every possible illness in existemce. Do you think that would eradicate all disease? No. Because Hashem made sicknesses for a reason. New ones always pop up. We are meant to get sick sometimes and we are all meant to ine way or another die. (Until Mosshiach comes, may it be speedily in our days!!)

My pediatrician does not give rotavirus vaccine

michimochi

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 12:33 am
ChossidMom wrote:
OP,
Here is a list of every resource that has accurate information about childhood vaccines.
It's on a substack, hence the long link. It's got every book, video, blog etc. where you can find information with documentation:

https://marcellapiperterry.sub.....XRlcw

Wow... thank you for sharing!

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 12:54 am
You should ask someone you trust in real life. Not strangers in the internet with an agenda.

giftedmom

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 12:56 am
Whooping cough and pneumonia were really going around this winter in the tristate. Kids died. So I vaccinated for those even though I didn’t have to yet. I vaccinate for school unless something is going around earlier.

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 8:51 am
What you’re looking for is an alternate vaccine schedule. Dr Sears has one. I know there are others.

amother
Iris

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 8:57 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:
None
Hashem didn't create us defective. He gave us an immune system

I hope you never use medicine or your a hypocrite
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics