Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Very basic important vaccines for baby
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Dodgerblue  

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 9:53 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
MMR is not given at six months and I personally gave it to my kids but wouldn't do so before 3. I need to see them more developed and talking in case chv something goes wrong.

then what would happen if something chas vshalom does go wrong after age 3? what can u do about it?

amother
Cobalt  

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 9:54 pm
Tetanus is crucial for any child playing outside or even a crawling baby that may get a hold of a shoe to lick.

tryinghard  

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 9:59 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Tetanus is crucial for any child playing outside or even a crawling baby that may get a hold of a shoe to lick.

Why though? If your (older) kid steps on a rusty nail, they check the tetanus records, and maybe the tigers, and if it’s not recent enough or good levels, they administer the tetanus shot then. Implies to me that it’s something they can give if needed, so no rush to proactively vaccinate.

smss  

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 10:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. I’m not giving yet but I feel like by a year I should. I’m trying to do my hishtadlus.

Hishtadlus when it comes to health means following the majority opinion of the medical professionals in your time.

It's actually under a year that many of the diseases we vaccinate for are most dangerous.

Did you know that 94% of pediatricians vaccinate their own children on schedule? https://file.scirp.org/html/22932.html

smss  

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 10:12 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
None
Hashem didn't create us defective. He gave us an immune system

Yep, and our amazing immune systems are why vaccines work!

smss  

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 10:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you. Is it possible to give a short explanation as to why these? I’m quite clueless and want to educate myself. My pediatrician obviously says to give all.

Your pediatrician is telling you to give all because they DO know what diseases the childhood vaccines protect against and they know the risks of the diseases (all of them) are higher than the risks of the vaccines (all of them).

amother
  Cobalt

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 10:14 pm
tryinghard wrote:
Why though? If your (older) kid steps on a rusty nail, they check the tetanus records, and maybe the tigers, and if it’s not recent enough or good levels, they administer the tetanus shot then. Implies to me that it’s something they can give if needed, so no rush to proactively vaccinate.

Tetanus is found in soil & dirt

amother
  Pewter

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 10:18 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Tetanus is found in soil & dirt

In anaerobic environments. That means without oxygen. Once a wound that potentially came in contact with tetanus is exposed to the air the tetanus is no longer viable.

amother
Crimson

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 10:33 pm
amother Tan wrote:
None. There are no vaccines necessary for a 6-month-old baby in a developed country.

Go visit the PICU in a hospital and watch a 6 week old have seizures and Apnea spells, because she was too young to get vaccinated for Pertussis, and is fighting for her life from it, and then you can go dispense your idiotic theories to the parents of that newborn baby fighting for her life.

Get educated before you spew such stupidity.

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 10:50 pm
Here’s what I do: I tell my dr. That I want to give 1 (or 2), which do they recommend? And I follow their advice.
Surprisingly, I was never told to give polio, since if I had no plans on leaving the country it wasn't currently in the US. (This was a few years ago, before the outbreak)

#BestBubby  

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 10:56 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
Go visit the PICU in a hospital and watch a 6 week old have seizures and Apnea spells, because she was too young to get vaccinated for Pertussis, and is fighting for her life from it, and then you can go dispense your idiotic theories to the parents of that newborn baby fighting for her life.

How many children have seizures after vaccination?

Enough that it is listed on the vaccine inserts.

amother
Cantaloupe  

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 10:56 pm
amother Silver wrote:
I would be wary abt chicken pox vax, as chicken pox is mild in children and a true case gives better immunity. Reactivation of chicken pox virus is shingles, so if your child gets vaxed for cp they can get shingles as an adult. If never vaxed for cp they would not get shingles at first exposure (although they would get chickenpox worse than as a child). Kind of a toss-up here, but just be aware.

I’m almost sure it’s the opposite- that if you get the vaccine you won’t get shingles, vs no vaccine the virus lays dormant in your body and as an adult any exposure when your immunity is down can activate it as shingles.
But someone with more knowledge please chime in!

Also, my 12 yo niece just had chickenpox the 2’nd time and was pretty bad (not vaccinated) so immunity doesn’t always last…

amother
  Cantaloupe  

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 10:57 pm
amother Crimson wrote:

Or my relative who needed to be intubated and remains technologically dependent thanks to pertussis as a baby

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 11:03 pm
My Dr let me start at age 2 and gave half dose and they were immuned

GLUE

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 11:06 pm
amother Silver wrote:
I did a lot of research and personally would skip measles (bc if you look ho what keasles actually is and how it can be treated with vitamin A) and idk why they vaccinate for rotavirus when it is literally a stomach virus...
I would say the most worth vaxing for would be pneumococcal and dtap, maybe polio

I don't think they vaccinate for rotavirus after 6 months.
It's not just a stomach virus babies have died from it
I know someone who's 2 month baby got it, the baby spent a month in the hospital and after she got out, she needed to be on special formula. Plus she was immunized compromised and could not go to a baby sitter for a few months, so her parents had to rework their work schedule so one of them could be home to watch her. It was not an easy time for everyone in the family.

amother
  Pumpkin

Post Sat, Jun 15 2024, 11:35 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:

Most people on imamother aren't living on farms with manure

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:10 am
amother Maroon wrote:
Meningitis was the first vaccine I gave my baby.

Is that given to a six month old baby? I thought an older child

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 4:43 am
I'm surprised no one mentioned Hib. I think it's the most important.

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 4:53 am
amother Silver wrote:
I would be wary abt chicken pox vax, as chicken pox is mild in children and a true case gives better immunity. Reactivation of chicken pox virus is shingles, so if your child gets vaxed for cp they can get shingles as an adult. If never vaxed for cp they would not get shingles at first exposure (although they would get chickenpox worse than as a child). Kind of a toss-up here, but just be aware.

I had chicken pox as an adult & just recently got shingles.
I caught cp from my 16 year old son (oldest child) at the time. It was terrible. He had it way worse than me. There was no vaccine when he was a baby (he’s 38 now )
After he & I caught it, I right away vaccinated my other children & they came down with it but very mild.

Dont minimize a bad case of chicken pox.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 5:27 am
My baby didn't get the rotavirus vaccine in time and caught rotavirus while in the hospital for another procedure. He was so sick I thought he was going to die. There was concern about brain damage from electrolyte imbalance. It was a horrible and terrifying experience. I would definitely advise everyone to give the rotavirus vaccine to your baby!
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics