Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What is your immediate reaction to thread titles (part 1)
  Previous  1  2  3 62  63  64 457  458  459  Next

ShakleeMom  

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 1:55 pm
"yasmin"

my cleaning lady did not show up...!

leomom  

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 7:26 pm
"sonogram showed clubfee"

Wow! Our modern technology can even tell you how much you'll need to pay to your gym!!!!

Clarissa  

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 7:33 pm
yy wrote:
"sonogram showed clubfee"

Wow! Our modern technology can even tell you how much you'll need to pay to your gym!!!!
Okay, I feel kind of guilty, but that made me laugh, loud. That's saying something, because we're all crabby over here.

I just read it again, and I laughed again. I'll have to come back later to read it again, if the mood is still bad over here.

mimivan  

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 7:41 pm
ladies...just a thought...I am deleting something I posted here because a poster said this thread may be hurtful to people who authored the threads...what do you all think?

I've enjoyed posting here and didn't feel I was making fun of the threads or posters personally by writing my reaction to the titles...but I guess some people feel it isn't so nice.

(I don't think I"m going to delete all my posts here...at least not for the time being.

Last edited by mimivan on Sun, Oct 12 2008, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

NativeMom  

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 8:13 pm
I'm going to start threads anonymously from now on!

leomom  

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 8:30 pm
Clarissa, I am humbled, truly humbled, by your response!! And I hope your crabbiness goes away soon so you can enjoy your Yom Tov.

hadasa  

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 11:56 pm
Maybe we should refrain from commenting when the thread is about a sensitive or serious medical issue.

Zus  

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 12:43 am
I agree with hadasa.

ESB  

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 6:31 am
PLEASE! Just keep the thread going. People are just overly sensitive, and looking where to make other people feel bad for them..............

leomom  

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 6:33 am
I definitely don't make jokes about serious or sad threads... I hope I didn't offend anyone with my most recent one, which I didn't intend at all to be making fun of the thread, but just a silly joke based on a typo. And I really don't care that there's a typo! I just thought it was funny.

On the other hand, I will certainly delete it if it bothers anyone. I have to admit I don't even know who was the OP of the thread I was referring to.

greenfire  

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 7:48 am
the whole reason we have this thread is to laugh aloud - instead of in the original thread where it may possibly be hurtful ... here it's just for FUN ... we do have the right to have FUN ...

Clarissa  

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 7:54 am
Please, nobody guilt everyone here into killing off this thread. I love this thread. Sure, sometimes with joking around, people might step over the line, but don't throw out the you-know-what with the you-know-what. (want to be careful about baby jokes)

greenfire  

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 8:11 am
"OMG it's positive !!! "

you were expecting that right ... Wink

octopus  

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 8:13 am
whenever I write a thread title, I imagine all the ways someone can pick it apart in this thread. My thread titles, ironically, have made it here more than a few times. But I think it's funny. not offended here.

NativeMom

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 9:25 am
I'm sorry but I also find this thread offensive. Its hard to sum up what you are trying to say into a 4 word title. Some people here have issues or questions that they are seriously concerned with and this thread is turning them into a joke. I don't think that this is what this site is supposed to be about. While everyone has the right to have some fun you shouldn't do it at the expense of others. I think some us forget that there is a real person on the other end of the screen name and people can get hurt or embarrassed online.

Lady Godiva  

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 9:28 am
I too think it's all for fun but certain things do cross the line sometimes...

Clarissa  

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 9:30 am
Lady Godiva wrote:
I too think it's all for fun but certain things do cross the line sometimes...
Sorry to go off topic, but what is going on today, Lady? We get rid of anorexic, heroin-chic Pocahantas, and today's avatar appears to be a young, deformed Japanese girl with a handlebar mustache and large breasts? Am I not seeing this correctly?

Lady Godiva  

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 9:34 am
You like? LOL

GAMZu  

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 9:42 am
Quote:
Some people here have issues or questions that they are seriously concerned with and this thread is turning them into a joke.

That's not what it is. It's what you think when you see the title, before you even see the author, and sometimes before you see what section it's posted in.

And DEFINITELY before you read it. I notice that it's mainly new posters who see it as an issue.
How about if the author of the thread that is "being made fun of" here let us know if she is insulted and that post will be removed- good idea?

Clarissa  

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 9:44 am
I really hope this thread doesn't wind up biting the dust. Nobody is ever commenting on the actual content of the thread, or its author. It's about immediate reactions, and it's funny.
Page 63 of 459   Previous  1  2  3 62  63  64 457  458  459  Next Recent Topics