Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Vent! This is so difficult!
Previous  1  2

amother
Stoneblue  

Post Today at 8:33 am
I also have a child on Dupixent. So far BH doing much better.
Why wouldn't you try it OP?

amother
Clover

Post Today at 9:23 am
amother IndianRed wrote:
Can those meds work on allergies not food related? My dd is extremely allergic to dust and we can never visit overnight our relatives who live in old houses in Passaic or New York she gets so severely sick.

Non food allergies have a lot of options. You should go to an allergist.

amother
  OP

Post Today at 10:13 am
Thank you all for your feedback! It’s so nice to hear from people who get it. So many people make silly comments and it just shows how they have no idea what it’s like. (I used to be one of those people, until I had my own children)
I will revisit dupixent and xolair, maybe I was misinformed. My kids are little, I can only imagine what having to force little kids to get shots is going to be like. But if it makes living life more manageable it’s worth it.
What is NAET?

amother
Mimosa

Post Today at 10:41 am
Do you belong to a mothers support group? It was so helpful for my friend when her child was small.

amother
  Forestgreen  

Post Today at 11:08 am
[quote="amother OP"]Thank you all for your feedback! It’s so nice to hear from people who get it. So many people make silly comments and it just shows how they have no idea what it’s like. (I used to be one of those people, until I had my own children)
I will revisit dupixent and xolair, maybe I was misinformed. My kids are little, I can only imagine what having to force little kids to get shots is going to be like. But if it makes living life more manageable it’s worth it.
What is NAET?[/quote

Not every allergist is on top of the latest options for making life easier with allergies.. If your kids are little though, it should be 1 shot a month and it is literally life changing. There is an allergy whatsapp group that is tremendously supportive. p

amother
  Stoneblue

Post Today at 11:15 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you all for your feedback! It’s so nice to hear from people who get it. So many people make silly comments and it just shows how they have no idea what it’s like. (I used to be one of those people, until I had my own children)
What is NAET?

DS is 4 yrs old and has been on Dupixent for 3 months.
Yes he hates getting the injection but it's once a month.

Over time (a year? depending on the child), the goal is to possibly space out the Dupixent more and more, maybe every 6 weeks then 8 weeks etc and potentially wean off entirely. Depending on your specific child and situation.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Today at 11:23 am
amother Caramel wrote:
Dupixant has been a miracle drug for my 2 kids who had severe eczema.
Really severe.
Baruch HaShem!!!!

I plan to ask about xolair for my allergy kid at our next appointment.

OP
It’s totally worth it if it will bring it from anaphylaxis to just hives. It’s a huge life changing difference!

Does this med compromise their immune system? Like do they get sick more often? I'm thinking about using it for my toddler

amother
  Forestgreen

Post Today at 11:44 am
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Does this med compromise their immune system? Like do they get sick more often? I'm thinking about using it for my toddler

That has not been my experience .

amother
Broom

Post Today at 12:13 pm
I hear you! I myself have multiple food allergies, including anaphylactic ones. I have no social life. I can't eat at other people's houses. I can't eat out anywhere ever. Even at places like work or anywhere else, I am constantly hiding from people with food. Even the rest of my family, husband or kids, if they eat something I'm allergic to out of the house, they need to clean themselves up, sometimes even bathing the little ones with gloves if they come home covered in food. I can't go to community events, or shul kiddushes, and even the playground is a hazard. I have almost no local friends.

If you say you can't have guests over to your house, because they feed their kids things in your kids space, just have a blanket no food or drinks brought to your house period. This is what I tell everyone so we can have people over. And I make guests wash their hands first thing when they come over.

I had allergy shots as a kid (for environmental allergies like dust mold etc), 3 shots a week. It wasn't fun, but I stopped minding the shots after a while, kids will adjust. They aren't particularly painful shots (vs. vaccines which can have a larger amount of liquid and sometimes need to be in the muscle rather than just into the space under the skin). If it can help your kids, it is worth it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics