Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
What stroller do I buy?
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sat, Oct 26 2024, 10:20 pm
First time mom here. I’ve been recommended the Doona and the bugaboo donkey. Would love to hear what people recommend??
Thanks!!

amother
Honey  

Post Sat, Oct 26 2024, 10:21 pm
Doona is a car seat not stroller

We have the uppababy Cruz and have been happy

ahappygirl12

Post Sat, Oct 26 2024, 10:22 pm
Doona for sure.
Can't stand the bugaboo. Way too bulky. I have it and used it twice , never again. But also, I travel alot so needed something more lightweight .. love the uppababy minu. It's super light weight and folds easy plus you can put a bassinet in for newborns

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Oct 26 2024, 10:25 pm
The donkey is a very big bulky double stroller, but pushes amazing. If you want a bugaboo single, more light weight, I would go with the dragonfly, or the travel size butterfly. If you want a good push but bigger, full size stroller with rubber tires go with the fox.

amother
Sunflower

Post Sat, Oct 26 2024, 10:28 pm
Where do you live ? It depends on your needs.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sat, Oct 26 2024, 10:30 pm
The doona is a car seat.
The bugaboo donkey is only for twins.
I would recommend going to a store and asking them there, and trying out the strollers.
I personally would recommend the bugaboo dragonfly or fox. You need to go to a store to see which of those two best suits your lifestyle

amother
Slategray

Post Yesterday at 12:04 am
Why a donkey for first time singleton??
Doona is not all it's cranked up to be. If you are tall you'll break your back bending down to it. Not great positioning or highest safety ratings. I'd go with a clek liing or nuna

up high

Post Yesterday at 12:13 am
I don't want to hijack this thread but I'm also searching for a stroller (18 month old).
Doona is for newborns, donkey is a double stroller, bugaboos are very expensive...
I realized that many strollers don't write up straight, it's tilted backwards and isnt so comfortable for toddlers.
Any solutions?

HonesttoGod  

Post Yesterday at 12:13 am
What are your requirements?

I highly doubt NOT recommend the Doona. First of all it’s a car seat not a stroller.
Secondly it’s stupidly heavy and flimsy at the same time.

If you have a car or take car services a lot, get the evenflo car seat with wheels. Way better than the doona.

As for a stroller - bugaboos are sturdy but also heavy. The donkey is useless unless you have twins. Or plan to have another kid in 13 months maybe then it’s worth it. If you want bugaboo go for the dragonfly or butterfly. Both foldable and travel friendly but also baby friendly.

amother
  Honey  

Post Yesterday at 12:15 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
What are your requirements?

I highly doubt NOT recommend the Doona. First of all it’s a car seat not a stroller.
Secondly it’s stupidly heavy and flimsy at the same time.

If you have a car or take car services a lot, get the evenflo car seat with wheels. Way better than the doona.

As for a stroller - bugaboos are sturdy but also heavy. The donkey is useless unless you have twins. Or plan to have another kid in 13 months maybe then it’s worth it. If you want bugaboo go for the dragonfly or butterfly. Both foldable and travel friendly but also baby friendly.

How is the evenflo better than doona?

queen esther

Post Yesterday at 12:19 am
There are other brands besides Bugaboo.
City mini or city select. Graco. Mockingbird. UPPAbaby etc. I know ppl like the Citimini alot, nice push and folds easily. I didn't like that I can't have the baby face me so I got a city select and there are many things I do like but it is bulky and hard to fold. But it's worth it for the reasons I do like it- big basket, movable seat, can attach a bassinet etc. So you have to see what's important to you and look for those features.

amother
Yarrow

Post Yesterday at 12:22 am
The doona is perfect for a car seat and when ur in and out of cars going to stores. For a carriage , it depends on your needs , if you live in the city where you’re walking a lot, bugaboo fox is amazing. If you’re in and out of car a lot the yogi is great, and comes with a newborn attachment option

HonesttoGod

Post Yesterday at 12:30 am
amother Honey wrote:
How is the evenflo better than doona?

You can remove the wheels to make it way lighter when carrying in and out the car.
The handle is also longer which makes it much easier to push for taller ppl.
It’s supposedly more sturdy on the ground when pushing.

I’ve never used the evenflo but I spoke to a few people who have and all liked it better than the doona. To me the doona felt like pushing a heavy flimsy doll carriage. I hated it.

amother
  Honey  

Post Yesterday at 12:45 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
The doona is perfect for a car seat and when ur in and out of cars going to stores. For a carriage , it depends on your needs , if you live in the city where you’re walking a lot, bugaboo fox is amazing. If you’re in and out of car a lot the yogi is great, and comes with a newborn attachment option

What is yogi? Did you mean yo-yo?

amother
  Honey

Post Yesterday at 12:46 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
You can remove the wheels to make it way lighter when carrying in and out the car.
The handle is also longer which makes it much easier to push for taller ppl.
It’s supposedly more sturdy on the ground when pushing.

I’ve never used the evenflo but I spoke to a few people who have and all liked it better than the doona. To me the doona felt like pushing a heavy flimsy doll carriage. I hated it.

Thanks. Gonna look into it. My doona expired and I was looking for a less heavy but just as convenient option this time around.

I did read just now that you can’t buy an extra base for the evenflo, and that some ppl say it doesn’t convert as smoothly as doona and wheels get stuck. But I’m def going to look into it so thank you!

amother
Brunette

Post Yesterday at 1:04 am
Look into the stroller workshop online. He is very knowledgeable and will give recommendations that will suit your lifestyle.

amother
Sapphire

Post Yesterday at 3:35 am
I'm looking for one as well, I'm thinking the cybex priam or silver cross reef, I'm not into the whole "bugaboo thing" and it also want a lay flat seat - but the dragonfly seems flimsy to me And small wheels.
Im also leaning toward the evenflow dualride or peg perego came out with a new snap and go style that the wheels fit behind the seat and then get a good car seat for that.
Just note - if you have alot stairs to your apt or house, the doona is really heave to shlep up/down. My sister regrets it and didn't really realize that it just doesn't work for her.

teachkids  

Post Yesterday at 6:23 am
We need more information about your needs. Some things to consider:

Are you in and out of the car a lot? Do you park close to your house or down the block? Honestly, if you’re just driving carpools and bringing the car seat in and out of the driveway, pull down wheels are a waste because they make it heavier. They’re also not helpful for a full grocery shopping since it doesn’t allow you to push a cart, or have a basket. It’s only actually useful if you don’t have a driveway or run a lot of small errands.

Another consideration- are you putting your stroller in your car for errands or walking everywhere- if you drive before using the stroller you’ll want something lighter/ smaller (even a valco or citymini is better than a uppababy or bugaboo for this). If your stroller is your car, prioritize a smooth push and big basket.

But also, where in your house/ apartment are you storing your stroller. Make sure it collapses small enough for the space you have

amother
Cerise

Post Yesterday at 6:33 am
up high wrote:
I don't want to hijack this thread but I'm also searching for a stroller (18 month old).
Doona is for newborns, donkey is a double stroller, bugaboos are very expensive...
I realized that many strollers don't write up straight, it's tilted backwards and isnt so comfortable for toddlers.
Any solutions?

Cybex beezy

amother
Lightblue

Post Yesterday at 7:48 am
teachkids wrote:
We need more information about your needs. Some things to consider:

Are you in and out of the car a lot? Do you park close to your house or down the block? Honestly, if you’re just driving carpools and bringing the car seat in and out of the driveway, pull down wheels are a waste because they make it heavier. They’re also not helpful for a full grocery shopping since it doesn’t allow you to push a cart, or have a basket. It’s only actually useful if you don’t have a driveway or run a lot of small errands.

Another consideration- are you putting your stroller in your car for errands or walking everywhere- if you drive before using the stroller you’ll want something lighter/ smaller (even a valco or citymini is better than a uppababy or bugaboo for this). If your stroller is your car, prioritize a smooth push and big basket.

But also, where in your house/ apartment are you storing your stroller. Make sure it collapses small enough for the space you have

I agree with this. Your lifestyle makes a difference to your needs. When my first was born we didn't own a car and I walked everywhere. I had a sturdy stroller with a large basket. But it wasn't a small fold or so light. Fast forward a few years to owning a car and not walking much, I bought a small light stroller that folded small and was great for in and out the car.
People just throw out names of the only brand stroller they know without thinking what makes sense for people. I personally only think the doona makes sense if you're doing car pool or frequent short stops in the car where it's a pain to unstrap and move your baby every few minutes.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics