Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Laundry chol hamoed
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 6:29 am
amother Wisteria wrote:
Kids clothes aren't a problem to wash on chol hamoed.
Adults can wear same dress/robe 2 times without washing! Believe me you'll still feel like a "normal human"! LOL

No I can’t. Not when my son comes and wipes his dirty face on my skirt while I’m preparing the table you know when they hug your legs to pick them up but a moment before they were playing someplace else and got dirty and I have become a napkin essentially
Also if I’m feeding him and he throws the food on my clothing am I supposed to wear my stained clothes tomorrow again???
I bought 5 new outfits and yet I still didn’t have enough clothes it’s 6 meals this half and 6 meals second half and my old clothes don’t fit.

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 6:29 am
Some people have good points and reasons for doing laundry. Some seem to just not have patience for mounds of laundry after yt, or didn’t prepare well.
My boys have play pants for shabbos afternoon, I wear shells under certain outfits, I mix winter and summer clothing, etc.
I think there’s a big difference between doing laundry bec it was unavoidable but you tried your best, and doing laundry bec you don’t care about Halacha. Yes I have More socks and underwear for my kids than I’d usually have, which does cost money. And yea my kids won’t be impeccably dressed second days as they were first days. But I don’t think everyone in their matching shabbos pajamas or my perception of what oneg yt is, overrides Halacha.
(Maybe this is what happens when as a society we are so image conscious that the matching socks must be washed because how can my child show up to shul without them?)

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 6:30 am
miami85 wrote:
If you know your baby spits up a lot you should probably use spit-up cloths/cloth diapers/receiving blankets in general.

and bibs all day long, not just when eating

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 6:31 am
LovesHashem wrote:
I was taught expensive items like bras that most people do not have enough of, and are expensive to buy more can be washed.

Ask your LOR.

🤣🤣 Bras are the cheapest psrt of what I wear. I'm pretty thrifty but most of my Shabbos outfits cost much more than a bra.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics