Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
I barely made anything for 2nd days
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 8:34 am
I'm all cooked out from RH, Erev YK, and first days, so I took a break.

We'll also be either at friends or in shul for all the YT meals, so I only need Shabbos food.

I also decided not to make salatim and dips since no one eats them besides me, so it'll just be a bag of lettuce and dressing. Everyone will survive!

Just posting here in case I get any crazy ideas today to cook another full YT.

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 8:38 am
I’m starting to cook soon ☺️ haven’t done a thing yet.

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 8:46 am
Let's just say that my menu plans for second days are verrrrrrrry different to first days! LOL

MGmom

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 9:03 am
Good for you for having a plan! I’m so done cooking but hosting guests and still lounging in bed this morning with just one soup in my freezer. We’re gonna cook a storm soon! I’ll sing and dance and thank hashem I can be in my kitchen. But I’m so done! Bh there’s a full week till shabbos right after yt!
Oh let’s be grateful for pizza, sandwiches and takeout. Because that’ll be sustenance for anyone wanting to eat on this household right after yt!

imasinger

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 9:04 am
DH and I share the cooking, he's done some, but I haven't yet. Lots of YT cooking planned.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 9:06 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm all cooked out from RH, Erev YK, and first days, so I took a break.

We'll also be either at friends or in shul for all the YT meals, so I only need Shabbos food.

I also decided not to make salatim and dips since no one eats them besides me, so it'll just be a bag of lettuce and dressing. Everyone will survive!

Just posting here in case I get any crazy ideas today to cook another full YT.

I wanted this to be me but my dh had YT anxiety and cooked up a storm.

That’s after I threw out some food from the first days.

I don’t care anymore

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 9:07 am
I’m doing much less than first days and Rosh Hashana. I can cook on yom tov and can cook today and we have a huge kiddush in shul simchas torah day and simchas torah night is very late. After eating late simchas torah day won’t need so much for Friday night.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 9:11 am
Im so done.
Bagels and lox tonight, tomorrow invited out, chicken from freezer for shabbos.
Am not making anything but some salad.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 9:18 am
Also pretty done. Our shul has both meals on ST so that's taken care of. For tonight I'm just making a one-pot meal and for tomorrow, deli sandwiches. For shabbos just soup and another one-pot dish for night and cholent and deli for day meal. Nobody will be that hungry by the time we get to shabbos.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 10:20 am
We are more traditional. So no dairy meals. No kugel. That’s very important. I hate kugel making.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 11:17 am
Glad to see so many of you agree!

tichellady

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 11:24 am
I have not cooked anything and I woke up feeling terrible so I’m not sure what the plan is

simcha12plus

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 11:28 am
I don’t want to cook much either- but no shul meals here- and As much as I am not hungry right now, YT will come and we will need a seudah and Shabbos will come and we will need to eat.
So, I will be cooking plenty.
Making a little less than other YT but not by much.

ETA: and today is also a YT, so we have a seudah for lunch too. We made fish and salad and challah and soup with kreplach.

amother
Brunette  

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 11:32 am
Doesn't anyone have leftovers from first days? And those with the stocked freezers before yom tov has all those food been eaten?

mha3484

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 11:41 am
I am leaning on the crockpot for a few meals, making some big salads and some one pot meals.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 11:49 am
I got up today and made a deli roll, quiche, matza ball soup, sweet meatballs and sweet sausages (in the crockpot). Now I'm making a giant pot of stir fried brocoli and chicken, will set the rice cooker for later and then that's it. Tomorrow is chicken marsala in the crockpot and BBQ chicken for dinner with whatever survives today. Friday is food in shul and whatever is in the fridge. Shabbos lunch is chulent. Done. Anyone still hungry can make tuna.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 11:49 am
I made doubles of everything from RH and first days so all my mains, soups, desserts and challah are done. Some cake and cookies too.
Made some quick dips and roasted veggie sides, gefilte and 2 salmons between yesterday and today and calling it a day.
Hosting too.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 12:16 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
I got up today and made a deli roll, quiche, matza ball soup, sweet meatballs and sweet sausages (in the crockpot). Now I'm making a giant pot of stir fried brocoli and chicken, will set the rice cooker for later and then that's it. Tomorrow is chicken marsala in the crockpot and BBQ chicken for dinner with whatever survives today. Friday is food in shul and whatever is in the fridge. Shabbos lunch is chulent. Done. Anyone still hungry can make tuna.

Wow! You're a superima!

amother
  Brunette

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 12:19 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I am leaning on the crockpot for a few meals, making some big salads and some one pot meals.
I'd love crockpot ideas in general. What's your favorites?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Oct 23 2024, 12:42 pm
I was away and got home last night at 2 AM. Went to store this morning at 6:30 AM.

We can't look a t meat. Lol. So taking a break tonight and doing milchigs

Onion soup, fettuccine, fish, stuffed shells.

Prepared four soups this morning and made a batch of challah. Going to cook lots of yt. This is my menu so far...

Wednesday night:
Challah
Dips
Onion soup/cheese/croutons
Pasta either shells or fettuccine
Sea bass fish/ salmon/ bronzoni
Salad
Ww pasta maybe

Thursday day:
Challah
Dips
Mushroom barley soup with meat