Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
No-one said a word. I know I have a small family s/o

amother
OP

Post Today at 4:22 pm
My nephew got engaged erev yom tov, vort was today.
I have kids who've been in shidduchim for a while, whilst my brother was 'listening' to shidduchim, altho 6 months ago, they weren't even listening. But a great shidduch came up. BH.

And guess what? I had a wonderful time! Not one person said 'soon by yours', or 'don't worry Hashem has someone for everyone'. Nor did I or my son's get any shoulder rubs.

It was all nice and normal, people wished us mazel tov, asked when the chasuna will be, whether I'm gonna make sheva brochos and such.

So I'm wondering, is my city the only 'normal' one, or do people only post when people say insensitive comments about family size etc?

amother
Grape

Post Today at 4:25 pm
My dd bh got married recently. What bothered all of us was the "iyh by you" we heard every time we went to a simcha.

Dh, dd and I made the conscious decision to not say it to anyone. Anyone that requested a brocha got one (many people did)

amother
Petunia

Post Today at 6:44 pm
I'm chassidish married for 15 years with 2 kids. Never got a single comment to my face.

amother
Steel

Post Today at 7:19 pm
Married 14 years 2 kids. Hardly ever got a comment.

(Other then, Once my SIL gave me a bracha for a baby around when I had one 4 year old and she had 3 under 3. And when I moved my overly friendly new neighbor commented that she has infertility too. (She assumed that was the reason for my family size, I never said anything)

amother
Charcoal

Post Today at 7:40 pm
I’m mo someone asked me how many kids I have ? I said three
She said “just three”
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette