Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Silver

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 12:01 am
If the trend is not too display silver in breakfront anymore where do people keep silver? Like leichter

Molly Weasley

Post Yesterday at 12:30 am
I didn't realize the trend turned.

I can't imagine storing it away, especially when used so often

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 7:58 am
Yea curious from those who have recently done construction or moved?
Tri State are area of that make a difference

Seems people are not doing the breakfront or sefarim shanks with glass in the middle as much?
Thanks

zaq

Post Yesterday at 10:06 am
Unless you're staging the house for sale, pay no mind to trends, which change all the time to stimulate buying frenzies. Do what makes you happy and comfortable. Fashion is a pendulum in perpetual motion, and what's mad crazy in today is exploded tomorrow. Don't be a slave to it.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 11:24 am
While I definitely am not a slave to trends, if I am currently doing work and fixing up to fit my growing family BH happy to keep my house somewhat updated and in style Smile

PBY  

Post Yesterday at 11:32 am
We just redid our house and did one wall of built in bookshelves in our dining room. The bottom is closed doors and that's where we keep our silver and shabbos things.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 11:44 am
PBY wrote:
We just redid our house and did one wall of built in bookshelves in our dining room. The bottom is closed doors and that's where we keep our silver and shabbos things.

Thank you. Does it get tarnished faster?

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 11:46 am
Have you seen where the middle of the bookshelves on top of the closed part is left empty like a buffet? And then people light on there? Thinking of doing something like that

amother
Cappuccino

Post Yesterday at 12:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
While I definitely am not a slave to trends, if I am currently doing work and fixing up to fit my growing family BH happy to keep my house somewhat updated and in style Smile

Just choose what you like. Why choose what someone else likes over your own preference?

SingALong

Post Yesterday at 12:29 pm
In my old house I had one kitchen cabinet dedicated for silver. I kept all the silver wrapped in cling wrap to prevent tarnish

Moved 3 years ago. I have a closet off my dining room that has a few shelves, I put all my silver in there, usually cling wrapped. The bechers and stuff I use weekly I don’t usually wrap in plastic.

My leichter stays out all week on a small table in the corner. I lacquered it so it doesn’t need polishing.

PBY

Post Yesterday at 12:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Have you seen where the middle of the bookshelves on top of the closed part is left empty like a buffet? And then people light on there? Thinking of doing something like that

That's what I have the middle is empty and that's where I light candles. During the weeks I have keep some of my silver in a case with anti tarnish stripes. Betweencarpools.com posted about that hack
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics