Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Soo disappointing, Concert Vent
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
  Smokey

Post Yesterday at 12:17 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
Thats weird. I was at the mens concert earlier and the Ritz staff couldn't be nicer.

Who knows? Maybe it had something to do with 2 concerts being back to back?
Was the men’s concert also by sing productions?

amother
  Yarrow  

Post Yesterday at 12:17 am
amother Navy wrote:
Omg I didn't want to bring that up but I can't agree with you more! I was horrified by the lack of tznius by having non Jewish dancers making such moves on stage! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way

Thanks for the warning. I never went to contemporary woman concert so good to know when dd starts asking (I did go to rochel Miller when I was younger and it was beautiful and dignified)

amother
Mintgreen  

Post Yesterday at 12:18 am
amother Navy wrote:
First of all I don't think it has to do with Bracha Jaffe. My family went to the men's concert with Benny Friedman and felt very shortchanged too. Singentertainment advertised the show till 5:00 and it was over by 4:30. The same thing was with the ladies concert. I went with my girls the show itself was outstanding!! Everyone there looked like they were extremely enjoying themselves however we were shortchanged too! It's stealing to advertise a show for a certain amount of time and then to cut off a half hour or 45 minutes from the time. I would love to hear an explanation from the organizers about the time discrepancy!!

this. I was very very disappointed. it was our big outting for the YT. we really spluged on tickets for the whole family and my kids were waiting for weeks. then it was about 1.5 hours of singing. not cool.

amother
  Mintgreen  

Post Yesterday at 12:24 am
amother OP wrote:
To ALL THOSE COMPLAINING please email them info@singentertainment.net

I think everyone should compile an email voicing their disappointment.
1. About the switch in the timing
2. The dancers (who were not on the program) were inappropriate for a wholesome, frum, family entertainment and definitely not something I wanted my teen daughters to see...

is there a point? don't want to stam give them a bad feeling if it wont accomplish anything.
I will think twice about going to another show like that again. tickets are exorbitant for so little time of entertainment...

Imateacher

Post Yesterday at 12:34 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
Thanks for the warning. I never went to contemporary woman concert so good to know when dd starts asking (I did go to rochel Miller when I was younger and it was beautiful and dignified)

Are you taking about the Hu is he dance? I don’t think it was inappropriate just weird dance moves

amother
  Yarrow  

Post Yesterday at 12:37 am
Imateacher wrote:
Are you taking about the Hu is he dance? I don’t think it was inappropriate just weird dance moves

I have no idea I wasn't there. Just glad people are bringing this up to warn people like me

amother
Cerise

Post Yesterday at 12:45 am
Both were by Sing productions. I haven't seen a concert advertised by them in yearsss. You should complain to them.

amother
Slategray

Post Yesterday at 1:38 am
I work in Kiruv and one of my students was actually one of the dancers last night!! I was so excited for her that she got a taste of using her talents for a female audience. She is Israeli and was recruited to dance there. I think it was such an amazing experience for her.

amother
  Mintgreen

Post Yesterday at 10:19 am
amother Cerise wrote:
Both were by Sing productions. I haven't seen a concert advertised by them in yearsss. You should complain to them.

fwiw there was a chasidish concert in the same venue, last night, that was organized by Sing and it was 3.5 HOURS LONG. as it should be. the people really appreciated it!!!

amother
Pear

Post Yesterday at 10:27 am
ddmom wrote:
Or you were mistaken and it was supposed to end at 10 all along?
It says clearly on websites, show start at 8 and last about 2 hours.

Op, can you address this plz? The website said 2 hours and the ticket said 2.5 hours. This isn't clear at all.

amother
Milk

Post Yesterday at 10:31 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
I have no idea I wasn't there. Just glad people are bringing this up to warn people like me

There was nothing wrong!!! It's an all women's concert for a reason and none of the moves were provocative in any way. Why do you go to circuss then because that's something I actually avoid for this reason. You can have men being acrobats and it's just gross with a whole family audience. Let's give our girls the outlet they need to dance. Nothing pritzus about the way they danced.

fmt4  

Post Yesterday at 10:50 am
amother Navy wrote:
Omg I didn't want to bring that up but I can't agree with you more! I was horrified by the lack of tznius by having non Jewish dancers making such moves on stage! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way

Why do you think they weren’t Jewish??

amother
  Navy

Post Yesterday at 11:19 am
We saw the dancers leaving after the event and we were talking to them. They were professional dancers that were definitely not dancing the way frum girls do. They left dressed as non Jews. I could be wrong but the way they spoke and were acting made us all think that.

amother
Seashell

Post Yesterday at 11:37 am
I loved the dancing! I was a ballet/jazz dancer as a kid and I have a hard time watching most frum dances because they are missing good technique and form. This was so well done and so professional! I didn’t find any of it to be not tzanua I thought the moves were unique and great choreography that is not so typical in frum performances. I loved how good talent in a kosher way was used in this concert.

amother
Blue

Post Yesterday at 11:46 am
amother Navy wrote:
We saw the dancers leaving after the event and we were talking to them. They were professional dancers that were definitely not dancing the way frum girls do. They left dressed as non Jews. I could be wrong but the way they spoke and were acting made us all think that.

Interesting. I wasn't aware that you can't be Jewish if you don't talk, dress, or dance a certain way.

fmt4  

Post Yesterday at 12:02 pm
amother Navy wrote:

You sound very sheltered. Do you mean not religious? 🙄

justforfun87

Post Yesterday at 12:02 pm
I have no skin in the game here but I just Googled this concert out of curiosity and in the FAQ it says the show is APPROXIMATELY 2 hours.
https://www.singentertainment......os-24

Beingreal

Post Yesterday at 12:12 pm
Who had a great time at the concert?

amother
Strawberry  

Post Yesterday at 12:13 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
I loved the dancing! I was a ballet/jazz dancer as a kid and I have a hard time watching most frum dances because they are missing good technique and form. This was so well done and so professional! I didn’t find any of it to be not tzanua I thought the moves were unique and great choreography that is not so typical in frum performances. I loved how good talent in a kosher way was used in this concert.

I watched a few clips. There were some moves that shouldn't have been done. My first thought was that they're probably not Jewish. I see now I was right.

fmt4  

Post Yesterday at 4:23 pm
amother Strawberry wrote:
I watched a few clips. There were some moves that shouldn't have been done. My first thought was that they're probably not Jewish. I see now I was right.

Omg. Why do people not know the difference between not Jewish and not religious??? Are you five years old?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts