Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Soo disappointing, Concert Vent
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 2:53 am
Does anyone know the inside scoop? Bracha jaffe concert was supposed to go till 10:30 and it ended so weirdly and abruptly at 10 pm sharp. (I think she was even thrown off that she had to wrap up...)
After spending all that money, I and my kids are very disappointed. Less than 2 hours... we traveled more than that... Help me make sense of this!!!

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 9:12 am
Bump .. since I posted late.

LittleMissMama

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 9:57 am
That sounds horrific! Wink

No clue where you were but I plan events as part of my job and the bigger venues have very strict labor rules for their union employees. There may have been a very simple logistical reason for the firm end time.

ddmom

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 9:59 am
Or you were mistaken and it was supposed to end at 10 all along?
It says clearly on websites, show start at 8 and last about 2 hours.

Last edited by ddmom on Mon, Oct 21 2024, 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Darkblue  

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 10:00 am
I’d email respectfully and ask why the change in plans. Say that you counted on the time of the concert and you wouldn’t have traveled so far for less.

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 10:03 am
Wasn't there also an issue with her last concert on lag baomer? Started 2 hours late

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 10:04 am
Reminds me of this

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....62137

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 10:29 am
ddmom wrote:
Or you were mistaken and it was supposed to end at 10 all along?
It says clearly on websites, show start at 8 and last about 2 hours.

The tickets say 8-10:30.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 3:21 pm
amother Forestgreen wrote:
The tickets say 8-10:30.

So email them and tell them that tickets said 10:30! What

amother
Smokey  

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 3:28 pm
My girls went. They had a great time but they were also surprised that it ended at 10. I was definitely expecting them to come home an hour later and I was also surprised.
We spent a lot on tickets as this is not something we splurge on regularly so we were really hoping to get our moneys worth.
When the ticket said 8-10:30 I actually thought it would probably not start on time and go until 11. It was disappointing that it ended at 10 but at least they said they really enjoyed.
I don’t think I’ll spend like this again though. It was super expensive plus we paid a lot for transportation too. That’s too much to pay for 1 hour and 45 minutes.

amother
Navy  

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 8:06 pm
First of all I don't think it has to do with Bracha Jaffe. My family went to the men's concert with Benny Friedman and felt very shortchanged too. Singentertainment advertised the show till 5:00 and it was over by 4:30. The same thing was with the ladies concert. I went with my girls the show itself was outstanding!! Everyone there looked like they were extremely enjoying themselves however we were shortchanged too! It's stealing to advertise a show for a certain amount of time and then to cut off a half hour or 45 minutes from the time. I would love to hear an explanation from the organizers about the time discrepancy!!

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 8:22 pm
We had terrible traffic and got there 9:15. We were looking forward to enjoying a full hour plus and we’re very disappointed… we travelled more than 3 hours and were barely there… plus transportation/ticket cost was astronomical for such a short time.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 8:25 pm
Who knows
Maybe she had a private family emergency.

Especially if she looked caught off guard.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 8:54 pm
Is it possible that the entertainers are double booking with private parties or other programs? If they are, it should clearly be advertised with the exact times, noting that times are sharp since that isn’t the usual expectation. If not, some explanation is still owed to the crowd.

amother
  Smokey  

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 9:14 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Is it possible that the entertainers are double booking with private parties or other programs? If they are, it should clearly be advertised with the exact times, noting that times are sharp since that isn’t the usual expectation. If not, some explanation is still owed to the crowd.

No that definitely wasn’t what was going on

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 10:35 pm
To ALL THOSE COMPLAINING please email them info@singentertainment.net

I think everyone should compile an email voicing their disappointment.
1. About the switch in the timing
2. The dancers (who were not on the program) were inappropriate for a wholesome, frum, family entertainment and definitely not something I wanted my teen daughters to see...

amother
  Navy  

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 10:37 pm
Omg I didn't want to bring that up but I can't agree with you more! I was horrified by the lack of tznius by having non Jewish dancers making such moves on stage! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way

amother
  Smokey  

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 10:50 pm
I just spoke with someone who seemed to be under the impression that this had nothing to do with bracha or the producers. It seems that the people at the ritz were not so nice and for whatever reason they became angry and threatening and caused the performance to end promptly at 10.
They must have gotten upset about something and forced everyone out.
I don’t know if this is true but it does make sense.

amother
Yarrow  

Post Yesterday at 12:15 am
amother Smokey wrote:
I just spoke with someone who seemed to be under the impression that this had nothing to do with bracha or the producers. It seems that the people at the ritz were not so nice and for whatever reason they became angry and threatening and caused the performance to end promptly at 10.
They must have gotten upset about something and forced everyone out.
I don’t know if this is true but it does make sense.

Thats weird. I was at the mens concert earlier and the Ritz staff couldn't be nicer.

amother
  Navy  

Post Yesterday at 12:16 am
The staff was extremely nice and accommodating by both concerts. I'm not sure where you got that info from...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts