Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Did you name your child a name that was suggested on here?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 7:43 pm
I always wonder if anyone uses the suggestions. Would be so nice to update if you used a name suggestion from this site.

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 8:15 pm
Most people want privacy, so if it's just a common name like "Michael" fine, but if they ask "what middle name with Michael?" Or if they name Yehosheva, that's gonna be a little too personal for most people's comfort zones.

I agree it would be nice though. I also think it would be nice when people make threads looking for new communities, if they'd update where they decided to move to, then update how it worked out for them. But for the same reason, most people won't.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 8:19 pm
Along the same lines there should be an updates forum.
Hey im the op who was looking for parenting advice I started using the magic chair and now daughter is doing so much better

amother
Mint  

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 8:27 pm
No, but I did use the site to see if anyone else used the name I wanted and what they thought of it. There were only a couple threads about it, but it was helpful

amother
Ultramarine

Post Yesterday at 9:40 am
I had my own list but the imas helped me consider the name as part of the vibe of the time period I.e. the name Akiva for Yom Kippur.

icedcoffee

Post Yesterday at 9:53 am
I actually used Amichai this week, not 100% due to an imamother suggestion, but it came up several times on threads about names related to Israel / Oct 7 (which is what I was looking for in a name). So after seeing it a few times it started to resonate with me.

amother
Hunter

Post Yesterday at 9:56 am
DH lost his grandmother when I was married 2 years and had 1 DD, her name was Golda and I have negative associations with the name. I had another girl after that but named for my side cuz oldest kid I named for DH side. Then I had 2 more pregnancies and both times I was nervous abt giving the name. I posted here and got the best nickname suggestions! But had 2 boys lol. Still think I’ll use it one day

amother
Wandflower

Post Yesterday at 10:22 am
I started a baby name thread asking about the name yehoshua because all the yehoshuas I've known were wild or strange...everyone reassured me that they have gentle sweets yehoshuas as husband/son. Update: we named our bsby yehoshua...so far he is a very easy going calm adorsble baby boy

Ruchel

Post Yesterday at 11:12 am
My ancestor Yaakov Yehoshua was a tzadik

Golda ♥️

Yehosheva is great

I know some people used my yiddish and ladino advice

amother
  Mint

Post Yesterday at 11:26 am
amother Wandflower wrote:
I started a baby name thread asking about the name yehoshua because all the yehoshuas I've known were wild or strange...everyone reassured me that they have gentle sweets yehoshuas as husband/son. Update: we named our bsby yehoshua...so far he is a very easy going calm adorsble baby boy

I found that thread when I was considering the name but gave the name regardless, and also have the easiest baby boy!

amother
Bellflower

Post Yesterday at 11:29 am
Someone posted a thread here recently asking for baby name help and based on what they said I’m 100% I know them IRL. When they had their baby I went back to see if the name was on the thread 🤣

It was not!

amother
Daisy

Post Yesterday at 2:14 pm
I actually did get an idea from one of the threads. I hadn't asked for advice but came across a thread a few months ago and one of the names given to another amother really spoke to me and we used it.

imaima

Post Yesterday at 2:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
I always wonder if anyone uses the suggestions. Would be so nice to update if you used a name suggestion from this site.

Yes I actually did.
Someone clarified me about the nature of a name that I wasn’t knowledgeable about and then I used it.
Still thrilled, would use it again

teachkids

Post Yesterday at 3:00 pm
I used a nickname from an old thread, not one I opened

amother
Mustard

Post Yesterday at 3:28 pm
I was looking a few years ago for a name that went with “zalman”. One of the names suggested was our second choice but we ended up going with another one not suggested. I was happy for the ideas!

amother
Copper

Post Yesterday at 5:56 pm
No but I did use two less common names (diff children) and searched the site/bumped threads to get vibes on those names.

amother
Black

Post Yesterday at 6:09 pm
The only name thread I opened was asking for girl names born around shavuos. It was a boy and he was named randomly (for a rebbe) lol

amother
NeonBlue

Post Yesterday at 6:51 pm
Someone on here once asked for feedback about a very unusual name and I was the first to respond and I came out pretty strongly against it. A few months later, a cousin named their baby that name! Never asked them if they were the ones suggesting it on Imamother, but likely they were!

amother
Freesia

Post Yesterday at 7:51 pm
I was considering a name, ended up using it after seeing a lot of nice sentiments on here… don’t tell my husband, he thinks I came up with all the reasons myself! LOL

amother
Cobalt

Post Today at 2:18 am
Someone I know is open about who she is on imamother and I even PM'ed her years ago and told her who I was, so it's not a secret.
She posted asking for ideas for a second name and she ended up naming her baby the name that I suggested!
I haven't seen her in years (she's a relative of a relative) so I never discussed it with her but I wonder if she even remembers that I named her baby!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names