Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler teething?? Is this normal

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 1:58 pm
My 2yo is cutting 2 new teeth. For the 2 weeks+, he's been on and off miserable, at times with fever. He's generally a good natured kid and hes just been so unhappy, not eating well, more frequent tantrums and harder to console. I took him to the Dr last week, he couldn't find anything wrong but gave me a referral for bloodwork to do if it persists and I want to check for an infection. He's not so verbal, but has answered me yes some of the times when I ask him if his mouth has a boo boo, other times no (and I only ask if he seems something is really bothering him). Tummy, ears, head he says no. But he has been pulling on his ear a bit, which is not something he usually does. He also has been upset getting a new diaper, which is not as unusual but seems a bit more frequent recently and has me wondering if he could have a uti maybe. Last night he slept very poorly and today was totally not himself, miserable most of the day, possibly a bit warm also (didn't have a thermometer w me).

Would you take back to the Dr at this point? Or teething + being off schedule from yom tov + a cold is enough of an explanation and you would just wait it out?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 4:57 pm
Going to sleep here so just bumping now so hopefully can wake up to some wise advice Smile

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 5:30 pm
Does he act normally when you give him Motrin or Tylenol for the pain?

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 1:17 am
Yeah the medicine seems to help a lot, but I usually only give if he's also warm. I've heard motrin is better for teething but right now all I have is Tylenol so that's what I've been using.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics