Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 6:56 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
The last story in ami I didn't chap
They were talking about her who dropped her friend
And therefore what? She was wrong?

She wasn't wrong. The woman telling the story about her 'sil's friend' only knew half the story. She helped her friend so much, but ultimately couldn't solve all her problems. Yet this woman 'knew' that her friend who dropped her caused her to be taken into care.

GLUE

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 11:48 pm
The inheritance story in the vista(Binah)was nice.

The story was that after her mother died her father moved into her house and was bored. So she hired someone to learn with him. The person ended up coming 6 days a weak and she raised him every year and gave presents to the person who was learning with her father. She used her father money for this.
Her brother did not think their father needed it, when their father died he wanted her to take off the salary from her inheritance.
She ended that the inheritance was uneven, she got a share of her fathers Torah all her brother got was money.

cnc

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 11:50 pm
GLUE wrote:
The inheritance story in the vista(Binah)was nice.

The story was that after her mother died her father moved into her house and was bored. So she hired someone to learn with him. The person ended up coming 6 days a weak and she raised him every year and gave presents to the person who was learning with her father. She used her father money for this.
Her brother did not think their father needed it, when their father died he wanted her to take off the salary from her inheritance.
She ended that the inheritance was uneven, she got a share of her fathers Torah all her brother got was money.

I loved this story.

chestnut  

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 11:57 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
This was the only one that was good. I didn't enjoy the other ones in the Ami one at all.

I liked the ones about 3 brothers with the house in the country and about a girl with a heart transplant.

amother
Waterlily

Post Yesterday at 12:40 am
chestnut wrote:
I liked the ones about 3 brothers with the house in the country and about a girl with a heart transplant.

Same! I loved both these stories.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 2:02 am
Can someone explain the story with the pharmacist Ruth Brown in the Ami collection. I didn't understand the ending.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Yesterday at 2:34 am
cnc wrote:
I loved this story.

Yes, I'm finding that the true stories tend to be the best. And I say this as a lover of all thing fiction.

amother
Cyan

Post Yesterday at 2:39 am
amother OP wrote:
Can someone explain the story with the pharmacist Ruth Brown in the Ami collection. I didn't understand the ending.

She woke up figuratively, as in the penny dropped that she was in actual fact doing lots of wonderful things daily and wasn't as worthless and useless as she had seen herself till then.

amother
Mauve

Post Yesterday at 4:59 am
amother Pear wrote:
What about the one in family first with the principal and teacher?

This one really drew me in-almost more than any of the supplement stories ….

amother
Bellflower  

Post Yesterday at 4:14 pm
Idk I feel like the mishapacha stories didn’t really make sense or they had a weak storyline

amother
  Peony  

Post Yesterday at 5:29 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
Idk I feel like the mishapacha stories didn’t really make sense or they had a weak storyline

They were about a billion times better than the other magazine stories though.

amother
Jetblack

Post Yesterday at 9:38 pm
Heh, after reading (a certain supplement) I decided not to renew my subscription.

Been thinking about it for awhile anyhow Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 11:34 pm
amother Pear wrote:
What about the one in family first with the principal and teacher?

Just read it. Absolutely magnificent story!! Thanks for mentioning it. I hardly ever get to the main magazines on yom tov because it's too hectic and there's not much time to read.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Yesterday at 11:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Just read it. Absolutely magnificent story!! Thanks for mentioning it. I hardly ever get to the main magazines on yom tov because it's too hectic and there's not much time to read.

Yes, this story was beyond! It was so powerful and raw.

amother
Foxglove

Post Today at 12:07 am
I’m still upset about the story that she pulled the fake arm off. It shook me up. They never told the parents, therapist, or teachers that the arm was fake and she never talked after that

amother
Lightgray

Post Today at 1:52 am
amother Gray wrote:
She wasn't wrong. The woman telling the story about her 'sil's friend' only knew half the story. She helped her friend so much, but ultimately couldn't solve all her problems. Yet this woman 'knew' that her friend who dropped her caused her to be taken into care.

How could she be a SIL friend if the woman who cut off was her only friend? These things really irk me in fiction.

chestnut

Post Today at 1:54 am
amother Lightgray wrote:
How could she be a SIL friend if the woman who cut off was her only friend? These things really irk me in fiction.

I also noticed it lol

amother
Tulip

Post Today at 1:57 am
amother Lightgray wrote:

Yes, that story didn't really add up. Plus, the woman gossiping about her meant that there were other people who knew she had issues, who could have been helping her, so it wasn't only on the main character's shoulders.

amother
  Peony

Post Today at 3:48 am
amother Foxglove wrote:
I’m still upset about the story that she pulled the fake arm off. It shook me up. They never told the parents, therapist, or teachers that the arm was fake and she never talked after that
Yea it also stayed with me. It made me think about the stupid things I did as a teenager.

cupcake123

Post Today at 7:33 am
I loved the one with diamond in the calligraphy and also the story with the boy and his rebbe and friend that lost mom
The real estate one was also pretty good
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room