Would your husband be interested?
Yes  
 48%  [ 14 ]
No  
 51%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 29

Boca00  

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 2:55 am
If your husband doesn’t buy you gifts, it’s not because he doesn’t love you. It’s not even because he doesn’t appreciate you.

It’s simply because it’s not in his skill set.

Introducing the Shalom Bayis Subscription Box!

Dear Husbands,

Do you find choosing a gift for special occasions a daunting and overwhelming task? Does your wife pretend to love what you choose her but saves it “special to wear only at home because she doesn’t want to make anyone jealous”?

We’re here to help.

Step 1: Simply enter your wife’s birthday (this is usually Google-able in a pinch), your anniversary (check your bencher if necessary, no judgment) as well as any other special occasions into our online portal. (Shalosh regalim are pre-selected.)

Step 2: Select your budget. You can always log in and adjust this later if you hear her kvetching about the previous gifts to her sister.

Step 3: Optional- For best results, upload some pictures of your wife’s current jewelry and clothing so we can get a sense of her style.
(Make sure to choose the pieces she actually wears, not just the ones you bought her previously or the clothing she hasn’t worn in 10 years. A good hack is to send us the pictures she posts of herself on your family or her class chat. That’s the clothes and jewelry she likes.)

That’s all! Every special occasion you will receive a nondescript cardboard box containing a gift wrapped present with a “personal” poem or heartfelt letter to gift her with!

(This idea was inspired by my father!)

Disclaimer: no this isn’t real, no need to report this Very Happy

Success10

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 4:30 am
Move over, Niddatude!

bebrave

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 4:40 am
Brilliant 👍👍

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 5:25 am
Voted no. It’s a good plot for a serial. But I would never appreciate it IRL, and neither would dh.

Dh is not the gift giving type. He either asks me straight up what I want or he shows his love in other ways- preparing a meal, helping with chores etc. I’ve learned to ask when there’s something I want, otherwise dh won’t buy me something and I know not to expect it.

For example… I asked him for a particular pair of jewelry as a baby gift. Went to jeweler myself to pick it out. We went together to pick it up and I asked dh if he can go into store and I will wait in car, it will feel like a gift from him if he pays for it and hands it to me! I also booked family photo shoot and told him it’s our anniversary gift.

Women blessed with a dh with qualities other than gift giving need to learn to ASK! Don’t use dh’s ability to give gifts as a measure of how much he loves you.

Also important to differentiate between dh showing his love and you getting whatever new thing all your friends on the block have. If the gift automatically shows up at the door, it’s not expressing dh’s love, just maybe his willingness to swipe his cc for you. So may as well buy the thing yourself and quit calling it a gift.

Sorry about my rant, as you can tell this is something I feel passionately about. Although I am not a huge gift person and there’s not a lot I need/want so could be most ppl don’t feel like this. And I realize this is probably meant to be a funny joke but thanks for the excuse to air my thoughts!

SnowLeopard

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 6:56 am
Amazing LOL LOL LOL

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 7:07 am
Absolutely Love it.
You'll be a millionaire

Boca00  

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 11:13 am
Success10 wrote:
Move over, Niddatude!

Haha thanks for the compliment!

Niddahtude if you’re reading this- don’t move over! I love your brilliant humor and think you should start your own subscription box for your items!

Boca00  

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 11:14 am
amother Cobalt wrote:
Absolutely Love it.
You'll be a millionaire

Aww thank you all!! It was so fun to wake up to these comments Very Happy

Boca00  

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 11:16 am
amother Lavender wrote:
Voted no. It’s a good plot for a serial. But I would never appreciate it IRL, and neither would dh.

Dh is not the gift giving type. He either asks me straight up what I want or he shows his love in other ways- preparing a meal, helping with chores etc. I’ve learned to ask when there’s something I want, otherwise dh won’t buy me something and I know not to expect it.

For example… I asked him for a particular pair of jewelry as a baby gift. Went to jeweler myself to pick it out. We went together to pick it up and I asked dh if he can go into store and I will wait in car, it will feel like a gift from him if he pays for it and hands it to me! I also booked family photo shoot and told him it’s our anniversary gift.

Women blessed with a dh with qualities other than gift giving need to learn to ASK! Don’t use dh’s ability to give gifts as a measure of how much he loves you.

Also important to differentiate between dh showing his love and you getting whatever new thing all your friends on the block have. If the gift automatically shows up at the door, it’s not expressing dh’s love, just maybe his willingness to swipe his cc for you. So may as well buy the thing yourself and quit calling it a gift.

Sorry about my rant, as you can tell this is something I feel passionately about. Although I am not a huge gift person and there’s not a lot I need/want so could be most ppl don’t feel like this. And I realize this is probably meant to be a funny joke but thanks for the excuse to air my thoughts!

That was a good idea that you stayed in the car and let him give it to you!

It’s great you learned to see his love in other ways.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 11:20 am
Adorable!

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 11:22 am
Nope.

chanatron1000

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 12:28 pm
Maybe there should be a service to help men pick out jewelry. Because a lot of men are truly doing their best, and they really do want to buy something that's their wife's taste, but they just don't understand the nuances of jewelry, so they pick out the wrong color metal and the wrong styles, and they genuinely don't know the difference.

Boca00

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 12:48 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
Maybe there should be a service to help men pick out jewelry. Because a lot of men are truly doing their best, and they really do want to buy something that's their wife's taste, but they just don't understand the nuances of jewelry, so they pick out the wrong color metal and the wrong styles, and they genuinely don't know the difference.

Yes! This was what my father was actually originally suggesting- for clothes, jewelry, flowers, etc

Then we decided to turn it into a whole subscription box
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics