Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Whyyyy before nap

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 1:08 pm
While toddler was already overtired, cranky, and stumbling around, I was about to pick him up to put him down for a nap, he threw himself on the floor (ceramic tile) and hit the back of his head hard. Like you could hear the bang scary hard.

I know protocol is keep the kid awake and watch for signs of dizziness, loss of alertness, etc.

But he was already overtired and off balance from being tired. So how would I know if he falls asleep from the head bump or from needing a nap? How would I know if he's stumbling from dizziness or from being overtired (he was already walking into walls before! He gets this way before a nap)

I'm worried about my poor baby but also feeling very aggravated about the timing of this. Of course only on erev yom tov too, but for that listen if we need the ER then we need it. The problem is the nap. Right now he nursed for a while and is back in action looking like he would gladly throw himself at a wall or floor again. He's gotten very hyper and reckless the last few days.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 1:32 pm
Now he's going back and forth between ok and tired/yawning/drooping/begging to nurse as if he's going to fall asleep, and then popping off my breast to play again. This is fairly normal for him but of course with a bang that loud I'm still worried.

Kids. I need a stronger stomach.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 1:34 pm
He screams like a banshee every time I make a move away from him to try to get anything done for yt. This is not typical behavior but I think it's what got us here in the first place, he was mad that I was doing something else before picking him up Sad

amother
Chambray

Post Yesterday at 1:42 pm
Call your pediatrician.
I was told that it's okay for the child to fall asleep & that we should keep an eye on them.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Yesterday at 1:47 pm
My toddler hit his head twice hard and passed out. His doctor said he can sleep and just to check on him.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 3:22 pm
Thanks . So far he happened to not fall asleep and it's been long enough that if he wants to it is what it is. I think he's pretty ok, not sure why he's so clingy, sometimes he touches his head as if something hurts but what can I do Sad I'm going to stay worried for a while because that was a hard fall. He didn't just fall, he threw himself at the floor Can't Believe It

amother
Cognac

Post Yesterday at 3:58 pm
Urgent care?

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 4:46 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
Urgent care?

If he's acting fine there's nothing they would do. And if he develops symptoms it would be ER.

So far he's just tired and crabby and so am I. Trying again for a nap.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics