Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Were you at kidichic monsey yesterday?

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Oct 16 2024, 9:11 am
Did you hear that baby screaming for 25 minutes??
Was at kidichic. There was a stroller abandoned in the middle of the store with 2 babies in it bundled in snowsuits and hats so they were definitely overheating. And a little boy maybe 3 crouched near the stroller looking very defeated. The baby girl was SCREAMING her head off.
Mother nowhere to be found. Everyone in the store eyeing each other - wheres the mother?
The first 10-15 min I thought for sure the mother is there trying to help her baby and being unsuccessful so I didnt really look over but shopped with the horrific screaming in the background. After 15 min I realized wait maybe there is no mother around. For those 5 min I looked at baby waited for mother to show up . Was unsure what to do. Finally after 20 min went over to stroller was talking to everyone else around me...asking every woman that passed by are you the mother?
Bent down to pick up the baby and suddenly a woman comes flying over grabs the stroller and hurries away..

What is wrong with people. Im so so mad and so so sorry for those poor kids.

NechaMom  

Post Wed, Oct 16 2024, 9:24 am
I wasn't there but if I would have been there I'd hold the baby and unbundle it from the snowsuit. Yom tov shopping is crazy. Poor mother poor children.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Oct 16 2024, 9:46 am
I try not to judge.

I'm happy you picked the baby up, and I'm happy that the mother had a red line and came to rescue her baby from a stranger.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Oct 16 2024, 9:49 am
This woman is lucky that I wasn’t in the store at that time! After 5 minutes of crying I would announce out loud that a baby is crying and the mother should come forward! Then I would take out the baby and calm him down simply out of rachmanus! A yiddish child should not be left crying for so long!

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Oct 16 2024, 9:52 am
Good for you for going to pick up the baby. I would have gone sooner

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Oct 16 2024, 9:54 am
I will not judge the mother or the specific situation. Maybe she was taking an older child to the bathroom.
I just want people to know not to judge people on their clothing. If we all, down to the babies didn't have to look just so perfect, and so perfectly coordinated. Old argument the ones that it works out to match good for you. But please don't glare at the mismatched people out their. Sometines people don't realize. A woman once told me she told a friend she didn't get her kids something new for Yom tov because it was more important to keep her family scheduled. The friend she was talking to answered of course your excused you just had a baby. That was true. But the baby wasn't really the reason. But the next Yom tov she remembered this friend's words and thought "So what will my excuse be this time... " "Thanks for judging me for feeling that If I can't get what I need from a store after 10-15 minutes its not worth it. That doesn't make me incompetent.

amother
Clear

Post Wed, Oct 16 2024, 1:46 pm
NechaMom wrote:
I wasn't there but if I would have been there I'd hold the baby and unbundle it from the snowsuit. Yom tov shopping is crazy. Poor mother poor children.

This 100%. Who knows what this mother is going through. Not making excuses but she may have a very colicky baby & no help & this was her only chance at getting something for yom tov. Could be someone gave her $$ that day to shop for yom tov.

amother
Bubblegum

Post Wed, Oct 16 2024, 1:51 pm
I’m
Glad u picked up the baby
I was in a store and a mom was screaming at a newborn baby who was on a long line to check out .everyone online let her go upfront
In the ny news a terrible thing happened to a four year old boy the dad was charged

NechaMom

Post Wed, Oct 16 2024, 1:57 pm
amother Clear wrote:
[/b]

This 100%. Who knows what this mother is going through. Not making excuses but she may have a very colicky baby & no help & this was her only chance at getting something for yom tov. Could be someone gave her $$ that day to shop for yom tov.

It could be a very regular woman with very regular children who just doesn't have 10 hands and tried to get some shopping done. I'm not excusing letting a baby cry for this long (Assuming she even heard, who knows where in the store she was), but I definitely offered in the past to hold another mother's baby if it was crying in a store and she needed to use her hands for something else. Instead of being so so mad at this mother, have some compassion and lend a hand.

amother
Opal  

Post Wed, Oct 16 2024, 3:14 pm
OOC, OP, what are you hoping to accomplish with this thread?

giftedmom

Post Wed, Oct 16 2024, 3:27 pm
Whenever I pass by stores on busy days there are babies crying outside. It’s heartbreaking. I once or twice wore my baby in a busy store that only allowed strollers upfront and I got such looks.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2024, 3:38 pm
The point of this thread is awareness that we do not simply let a baby cry unattended in a stroller for 25 min straight while you shop. You hold the crying baby in your hands and try to shop that way or you stop calm baby then shop.. or you even push the stroller around the store if your in a hurry...
Abandoning a kid to scream for that long with baby not knowing where their mother is- is not ok.

amother
  Opal

Post Wed, Oct 16 2024, 4:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
The point of this thread is awareness that we do not simply let a baby cry unattended in a stroller for 25 min straight while you shop. You hold the crying baby in your hands and try to shop that way or you stop calm baby then shop.. or you even push the stroller around the store if your in a hurry...
Abandoning a kid to scream for that long with baby not knowing where their mother is- is not ok.

Couldn't you post that for general awareness without specifying exactly where and when this incident took place?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics