Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Sneakers in the winter

amother
OP  

Post Today at 2:03 pm
I’m part of the yeshivish circles where it’s uncommon to wear leggings with sneakers (showing skin between bottom of leggings and sock). — correct me if I’m wrong!

I need to start wearing good supportive sneakers due to a problem with my foot. I like to look fashionable but I’m feeling a little funny with black tights and my black/colorful sneakers. It makes sweaters look off. The black sneakers feel like I’m an old granny.

I’m young! In my 30s
What am I missing and doing wrong?

giselle  

Post Today at 2:16 pm
Wear crew socks over tights or leggings.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 3:08 pm
I’m short and fat. I’m not cool enough for that look

amother
Lemonlime

Post Today at 3:33 pm
giselle wrote:
Wear crew socks over tights or leggings.

I’m interested in answers as well as I’m clueless in fashion. What kind of crew socks? Would you send a link please?

giselle  

Post Today at 3:48 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
I’m interested in answers as well as I’m clueless in fashion. What kind of crew socks? Would you send a link please?

If you want to spend -

https://www.aloyoga.com/search?q=Crew+socks

Otherwise search Amazon for crew socks. Some people look better in half crew - really depends on how long your legs are. You can play around with it and see what looks good on you. White or light colors with white sneakers, black or colored with black sneakers.

ETA it looks like the link isn’t working, at least for me - you can go to alo or lululemon and search crew socks if you want brand name.

blueberry32

Post Today at 3:50 pm
I wear comfortable sneakers with black tights they definitely have to be a little on the classier side though and not super sporty like a Nike shoe

chanatron1000

Post Today at 3:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m short and fat. I’m not cool enough for that look

Physique does not define coolness, and no coolness is required for the look.

amother
Crocus

Post Today at 3:56 pm
Following. I wear white ankle socks with white sneakers and black tights--but I am aware that it looks a lot better when it's footless tights/leggings, I.e., a little skin showing in between. I only do that when I'm heading off to a yoga class where I'm going to want to be barefoot though, in general I don't let even that little bit of skin show.

I'm very short with short legs, and I don't think I could pull off crew socks.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 4:02 pm
I don’t have long legs.

Are white sneakers normal with black tights? Or better black sneakers?
I need good supported wide sneakers. Any suggestions to such sneakers that are nice looking?

giselle

Post Today at 4:03 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
Following. I wear white ankle socks with white sneakers and black tights--but I am aware that it looks a lot better when it's footless tights/leggings, I.e., a little skin showing in between. I only do that when I'm heading off to a yoga class where I'm going to want to be barefoot though, in general I don't let even that little bit of skin show.

I'm very short with short legs, and I don't think I could pull off crew socks.

I happen to prefer how I look in leggings with very short socks like you describe, but crew socks are actually more trendy right now. Without skin showing. So extra tznius is more stylish 😉

amother
  OP

Post Today at 4:12 pm
Yes it definitely is trendy right now. But still, don’t think I’m cool enough. My teen, who is cool, would be horrified.

So what’s the vote, black tights ok with sneakers? Do they sneakers need to be a certain color/style?

I know, you do you but I still wanna look normal
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics