Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
If it's crowded at the entrance of the supermarket

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 12:36 pm
If its crowded at the entrance of the supermarket & there's a line waiting to get in, please don't enter through the exit doors & create a jam there & ask people that are in middle of paying or waiting to pay, to move aside for you so you can pass!
Thank you, chag sameach!

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 8:57 pm
Bump

amother
Dimgray

Post Yesterday at 9:13 pm
Ok I won't

amother
Stoneblue

Post Yesterday at 9:15 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
Ok I won't

Thank you 🙏

amother
Rainbow

Post Yesterday at 9:16 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
Ok I won't

I always thought exit doors were for entry. So thanks for the PSA, will keep it in mind.

amother
Pewter

Post Yesterday at 9:17 pm
Are you the person in line to pay or in line to get into the store?

l can’t imagine being bothered in either position

amother
Stone  

Post Yesterday at 9:18 pm
What store has a line to get in? I'd look at that line and walk right back to my car.

(IOW I'm not the one doing it, but thanks for the PSA anyway)

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 9:20 pm
amother Pewter wrote:
Are you the person in line to pay or in line to get into the store?

l can’t imagine being bothered in either position

I was actually in middle of checking out, and a women asked me to move myself & my wagon out of the way so she can pass "because I can't get through in the front."
It happened today as well when I was in line waiting. The entire line had to move so people can pass.
The only access to the store from the exit doors, is through the registers. So this means that if someone comes in through the exit doors, all people at the registers have to back up to let those people pass.
I think it's obnoxious, as well as a chillul hashem.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 9:22 pm
amother Stone wrote:
What store has a line to get in? I'd look at that line and walk right back to my car.

(IOW I'm not the one doing it, but thanks for the PSA anyway)

The line was moving, but slowly as there's only 1 entrance & the yom tov specials are displayed right as you walk in so people tend to stop there for a bit. But it didn't take more then afew minutes to get inside.

amother
  Stone  

Post Yesterday at 9:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
The line was moving, but slowly as there's only 1 entrance & the yom tov specials are displayed right as you walk in so people tend to stop there for a bit. But it didn't take more then afew minutes to get inside.
That's a terrible store setup. Is this in Brooklyn and they're stuck for space? Otherwise the store really needs to rearrange.

amother
Brickred

Post Yesterday at 9:26 pm
This store sounds dangerous

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 9:29 pm
amother Stone wrote:
That's a terrible store setup. Is this in Brooklyn and they're stuck for space? Otherwise the store really needs to rearrange.

Yeah, I agree that it's a terrible set up. More than 1 supermarket in my neighborhood has this setup. It's a disaster during hectic season.
Not in Brooklyn & the supermarkets are actually quite large.

amother
Coral

Post Yesterday at 9:39 pm
Poor you! I hope you recover soon from having to step to the side. Sending you my well wishes.

amother
  Stone

Post Yesterday at 9:50 pm
amother Coral wrote:
Poor you! I hope you recover soon from having to step to the side. Sending you my well wishes.
Honestly if it happened to me I'd be upset. I'm autistic and grocery shopping is really hard for me. Especially when the store is crowded. My dh does nearly all the shopping for that reason. But if I had to be in the store for whatever reason, and I was stuck trying to maneuver a cart around someone who shouldn't even be there ... yes, I could see how that would push me over the edge into frustration territory.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Ema of 5

Post Yesterday at 9:57 pm
amother Stone wrote:
Honestly if it happened to me I'd be upset. I'm autistic and grocery shopping is really hard for me. Especially when the store is crowded. My dh does nearly all the shopping for that reason. But if I had to be in the store for whatever reason, and I was stuck trying to maneuver a cart around someone who shouldn't even be there ... yes, I could see how that would push me over the edge into frustration territory.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

I’m not autistic, and I’d be bothered. It’s more than just annoying to have to move your cart full of groceries over when there really isn’t a place to do so, and the person asking you is not in the right place, on purpose.

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 10:05 pm
amother Coral wrote:

I did not have to step aside.
I was in the middle of checking out & I had to back away from the register together with my cart, so that women can pass with her cart. All others in the line had to back up as well.
It's quite obnoxious to ask people to do that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette