Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Forgot to be mafrish challah…

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 1:20 pm
I made a double batch of sourdough for the first time ever. I went through all the steps, and now the loaves are shaped and sitting in my fridge. And I just realized since it was a double batch I was supposed to do hafrashas challah!
Do I need to take it all apart now? Am I too late and missed the mitzva? Do I just destroy one loaf and use that??

Molly Weasley

Post Yesterday at 1:23 pm
You could still take challah now. Just put them together a box to get them back "connected"

goodmorning

Post Yesterday at 1:26 pm
Either put all the loaves together in a container or cover them all with a sheet / towel to combine them. Then take challah from one loaf (which will then need to be reshaped, but the rest will be intact).

(Even if you realized after they were baked, you wouldn't have just missed the mitzvah; you'd take from the baked loaves. If you realized on Shabbos or YT and live in chul, you'd leave some of the baked loaf over until after Shabbos/YT to take challah from then. If you'd realize on Shabbos/YT and live in E"Y, you'd be stuck and unable to use them.)

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 1:29 pm
Amazing thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen