Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Donate to my seminary or principal's new seminary?

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 2:45 am
When I was in seminary the principal was extremely helpful and really made a huge difference to my life. I was given financial assistance for therapy etc. The principal was really the "mastermind" behind it all and I stayed close to her for several years afterwards. A few years ago, she moved to a new seminary.

I'm looking to donate a significant sum of money.

It sounds like it would make logical sense to donate it to my seminary, but I don't know any of the faculty there and the type of girls has changed (it has been over a decade).

I could instead donate it to my principal's new seminary, as a token of thanks personally for all her support. But I don't have any other connection to that seminary.

I'm stuck. Anyone want to help me make a decision?

amother
PlumPink

Post Yesterday at 2:51 am
I would think your principal would appreciate it more than the seminary who's faculty doesn't even know you.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Yesterday at 3:03 am
Are you hoping that the funds will be used for a similar purpose (I.e. personal financial needs of seminary students)? If so, donate to the principal's new seminary since you know that this is something the principal values so the money will actually be used for the intended purpose. And you have the added benefit of giving nachas to the principal who invested in you.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 3:24 am
Thanks ladies, I think I'm sold on the idea of giving to the principal's new seminary. Yes, I hope it will be used for similar purposes.

May it be a zechus.

amother
Glitter

Post Yesterday at 9:00 am
This is a beautiful act of Hakaras Hatov

amother
Navyblue  

Post Yesterday at 10:44 am
Yes I did this! And helped a girl go bh

amother
Purple

Post Yesterday at 11:11 am
I would give most of it to the new sem, but some amount to the old sem as well

amother
Phlox

Post Yesterday at 12:47 pm
Having a similar question here. My seminary just sent out an appeal but they have a different menaheles now who I never met. My principal has a new seminary that has been around for a year or so and I feel a sort of guilty allegiance to the new place even though my only connection to it is that my former principal and some teachers work there.

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 12:53 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
Having a similar question here. My seminary just sent out an appeal but they have a different menaheles now who I never met. My principal has a new seminary that has been around for a year or so and I feel a sort of guilty allegiance to the new place even though my only connection to it is that my former principal and some teachers work there.

Probably the same seminary - I like the previous suggestion of giving an amount and then the rest to the new one... It just shows you what an amazing menaheles she is...

amother
DarkYellow

Post Yesterday at 1:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks ladies, I think I'm sold on the idea of giving to the principal's new seminary. Yes, I hope it will be used for similar purposes.

May it be a zechus.

Another vote to your principal's new seminary!

It's her you want to show hakaros hatov to.

In addition, a new moisad finds it hard to raise funds because they don't have an Alumni, so giving will give your principal chuzuk!

amother
Lilac

Post Yesterday at 1:56 pm
to me it would be a no brainer to give to the principal's new seminary because she's the one who I would have hakaras hatov especially if the staff is completely different now. my seminary still has the same staff with only a few exceptions.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Yesterday at 4:03 pm
Why not half and half?

amother
Wine

Post Yesterday at 4:41 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Why not half and half?

I was thinking this, too!
I've learned it's better to give a small amount to more causes than a large amount to one cause.
so especially if this is a significant amount, why not split it? and include a note of appreciation to both.

amother
Zinnia  

Post Yesterday at 5:59 pm
Its my dream to one day be able to donate money to seminaries to help girls go... Seminary was life changing for me and after a difficult childhood it was the biggest blessing !

amother
  Navyblue

Post Yesterday at 6:03 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
Its my dream to one day be able to donate money to seminaries to help girls go... Seminary was life changing for me and after a difficult childhood it was the biggest blessing !

Yes same here. It felt amazing to give back.

amother
  Zinnia

Post Yesterday at 6:21 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
Yes same here. It felt amazing to give back.

We need more of you!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info