Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wish there was a better system! It’s the Wild West

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 8:16 pm
It’s crazy. I’m ready to spend $3,000 but I won’t be confident in my choice. I’ve been saving for a while so I need to be happy with this wig for three-four years, I can’t just replace if unhappy. But it’s the Wild West out there. Every SM says something different. One tried to sell me a wig with the cheapest looking highlights, claiming it’s beautiful. Another tried to sell me a wig that’s a drop too short for me to be able to achieve the look I want. Every SM says different things about different brands. I’m so disheartened Sad

I really want to love my purchase. #vent

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 8:21 pm
I’m a SM.
You need to have someone u trust and have a relationship with. You can’t just walk into any random salon and expect to be on the same page as the SM. Maybe she did actually think the hilights were beautiful? Not everyone agrees on what looks cheap ..

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 8:24 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
I’m a SM.
You need to have someone u trust and have a relationship with. You can’t just walk into any random salon and expect to be on the same page as the SM. Maybe she did actually think the hilights were beautiful? Not everyone agrees on what looks cheap ..

I don’t have one sadly

My SM only sells her own brand now

So I’ve been shopping around

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 9:41 pm
Why don’t you just spend less and then in worst case you can get a new one sooner?

I just got one from RL wigs on Facebook. I am dark brown (typical and easy ish) but she also sells blonds and reds etc. She has a European supplier and just charges $75 on top of their price to help you order what you are looking for.

I did have to do some work at local sheitel machers once I got it (such as cut it, line it etc.) but the entire sheitel came out all together to around $1200 and it’s beautiful bh!!

Molly Weasley

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 10:22 pm
The only real way to shop is via a sm you personally trust.
Do you have friends in the business? Relatives? Neighbors?
Even if you usually don't use them, if you trust them, go for it even if you'll pay a bit more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels