Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Best project your kids brought home

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 3:58 pm
My sukkah is so empty Sad I love love love all the cute projects kids come home with that are laminated and so adorable!! I would love to do with my toddlers (they're at home with me)

can anyone give me instructions to projects they've seen that I can put up in my sukkah that last from year to year or are extremely cute? Laugh

This would make me so so so happy!!! thank you!!

seeker  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:21 pm
https://jewish.momsandcrafters.....ions/

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:28 pm
Thanks! I didn’t see any great ones (no offense)

seeker  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:37 pm
Oh well, I liked a few. The tissue paper sun catchers are perfect for toddlers.

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:47 pm
Try chinuch.org. That's where teachers get their projects from LOL.
And you can buy a home laminator cheap on Amazon.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:51 pm
At that age I have the kids color in adorable sukkos scenes, we cut them out, place them on hard oaktag or hard colored paper for background, then laminate them and add an adhesive tab for hanging. They look so neat and cute!

amother
Iris

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:58 pm
My favorite craft in my sukka is one my youngest brought home about 8 years ago, I'll do my best to describe it! 3 squares of card hanging one under each other at an angle, so more diamond shape. The top one had a picture of him sitting at a 'shabbos table', he stuck a popsicle stick either side of the picture and some green tissue paper on top, so it looked like he was sitting in the sukka.
The second square had a picture of him holding a toy lulav and esrog, and was decorated with glitter.
The last one had him holding a toy torah, I cant remember how it was decorated but you could roll a long piece of paper and 2 popsicle sticks to make it look like a sefer torah, and have the picture in the middle.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 6:48 pm
About 20 years ago I saw this in someone’s sukka and thought it was so creative, that I still remember it!
She had a picture of a city (yerushalayim) and had her, her husband (she was very proud she actually got him to agree to do it!) and each of her kids’ footsteps in different color paint at the bottom of the city, and she wrote עומדות היו רגלינו בשעריך ירושלים
It’s messy, but I’d do it in the bathroom on a tablecloth, dip each kids foot into paint, on the oaktag and then straight into the bath!

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 6:53 pm
Judaica stores have cute kits you can make with then

amother
Gardenia

Post Yesterday at 8:27 pm
amother Iris wrote:
My favorite craft in my sukka is one my youngest brought home about 8 years ago, I'll do my best to describe it! 3 squares of card hanging one under each other at an angle, so more diamond shape. The top one had a picture of him sitting at a 'shabbos table', he stuck a popsicle stick either side of the picture and some green tissue paper on top, so it looked like he was sitting in the sukka.
The second square had a picture of him holding a toy lulav and esrog, and was decorated with glitter.
The last one had him holding a toy torah, I cant remember how it was decorated but you could roll a long piece of paper and 2 popsicle sticks to make it look like a sefer torah, and have the picture in the middle.

Love this. Doing this with my child. It didn’t get ruined in the rain though? Was it laminated?

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 8:42 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
Love this. Doing this with my child. It didn’t get ruined in the rain though? Was it laminated?

I'd love to do this.. im having a hard time visualizing.. any way you can show a photo?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Yesterday at 8:46 pm
Love anything they bring with a picture of them on it.

up high

Post Yesterday at 8:48 pm
I did an adorable simple Sukkah decorations with the kids.
Purchase (gold/silver doilies), stickers with ushpizin, place in the center of the doily.
Cut out circles of shiny paper (can be scalloped, or different colors). Place in a circle on wall.
Simple and looks sophisticated. Kids feel proud to have made it themselves!

amother
Opal

Post Yesterday at 9:02 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:

You can't laminate popsicle sticks

amother
Poinsettia

Post Yesterday at 9:07 pm
Anything that has a picture of the kids. They are so cute! And seeing how proud they are when they point at their picture is even cuter! And digging up those old sukkos projects every year is just so yummy!

The obvious craft is a picture of the kid inside some sort of sukkah, shaking lulav and esrog ... lol. Cliche but it's adorable every time.

seeker

Post Yesterday at 9:13 pm
amother Opal wrote:
You can't laminate popsicle sticks

Either you laminate the background before you put on the sticks, or you 'laminate" by putting the whole thing into a plastic bag or page protector and tape the open side up with clear packing tape.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics