Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
What did you eat tonight?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
  Navyblue

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:13 pm
amother Offwhite wrote:
bagels and guacomole with egg salad yum.
dumb q, but since you cant prepare for after shabbos on shabbos did you all start preparing before your husbands came home from shul? how long after fast did u all break it?

We didn’t have any foods that needing prepping right away. Started with melon and cake, dh make a sandwich with a challah roll lox and cream cheese. No prep needed.

amother
  Babypink  

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:15 pm
amother Offwhite wrote:
bagels and guacomole with egg salad yum.
dumb q, but since you cant prepare for after shabbos on shabbos did you all start preparing before your husbands came home from shul? how long after fast did u all break it?

I had all the food from the before the fast meal. Just put it up to warm after the zman.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:15 pm
Bialy with cream cheese and lox, pineapple and honeydew, Powerade, and crumb cake

amother
  Offwhite

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:17 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
I had all the food from the before the fast meal. Just put it up to warm after the zman.

thank you. what do you mean by zman? I checked beforeshabbat started and fast ended at 7:01 by me, does that mean by zman was 7:01? (sorry, im a BT and dont have anyone to ask. I had a feeling I shouldnt prepare anything so I had everything done yesterday bh).

amother
Fern

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:17 pm
Onion soup with toast. Cream cheese on the toast for those who like that. We had a few bourekas left over from the kid's shaleshudis, so we finished those off. I slowly drank a Powerade with a few pretzels to make me thirsty enough to finish it.

amother
  Babypink

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:21 pm
amother Offwhite wrote:
thank you. what do you mean by zman? I checked beforeshabbat started and fast ended at 7:01 by me, does that mean by zman was 7:01? (sorry, im a BT and dont have anyone to ask. I had a feeling I shouldnt prepare anything so I had everything done yesterday bh).

72 minute zman here was 7:32. I hold 60. I actually put in the food at 7:30. Dh walked in right then to make havdalah. We ate as soon as food was warm

Ema of 5  

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:22 pm
amother Amber wrote:
You're not supposed to prepare food on yk. You have to wait until after the zman.

That can still be before one’s husband comes home from shul.

amother
Foxglove

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:23 pm
Decaf coffee with slice of fruit pie, plate of cholent that I made for the kids for today.. was salivating for it all day today!

amother
Glitter

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:24 pm
Peach, toasted bagel with tuna, pepper slices, 3 honey cookies, half cup orange juice, half cup water

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:27 pm
Crackers and Powerade pops

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:32 pm
Iced coffee and a vanilla rugela

Half hour later seuda: challah with honey, gefilte fish and salmon, dips, chicken soup or flanken soup with kreplach, stuffed cabbage, mashed potatoes, deep fried chicken nuggets, stuffed chicken.

I can’t move.

fmt4

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:36 pm
How do people eat heavy food like chicken and stuffed cabbage after a fast? Ugh.
I had cream cheese bagel with Israeli salad, cheesecake and coffee.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:58 pm
fmt4 wrote:
How do people eat heavy food like chicken and stuffed cabbage after a fast? Ugh.

Usually we have a light meal to break the fast like veg soup and eggs.
Tonight there is an inyan to have a seudah to show that we have emunah that Hashem has accepted out tefilos.

amother
  Aconite

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 10:59 pm
fmt4 wrote:
I find bagels a lot heavier than chicken

pause

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 11:28 pm
We broke the fast on coffee, cake, and watermelon (everyone according to their desires...) and then washed for a full meal of challah with honey, dips, salmon and gefilte fish, chicken soup with boxy lukshen and kreplach, chicken with ferfel, potato kugel, and tzimmes, blueberry pie and applesauce compote.

amother
Garnet

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 11:34 pm
Grilled cheese on a bagel and Snapple.
I'm stuffed.

giftedmom

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 11:37 pm
I made chicken and potatoes for certain people who have food anxiety lol. But in reality after cake, challah, fish n dips, and chicken soup everyone was done. The chicken will be supper for tomorrow.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 11:51 pm
Broke it on tea with milk and some compote. Had some electrolwater slowly and much later washed and had some tuna, chicken soup with some meat/veggies and a bit of shnitzel and sweet potatoes

synthy  

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 11:56 pm
Broke fast on cinnamon buns and coffee, then oatmeal. A few hours later we washed for a seudah and had salmon (could only eat a quarter fillet), chicken soup, and fresh potato kugel 😋

simcha12plus

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 12:17 am
cake, coffee, store bought smoothie drinks

then an hour later, after time to warm up food, we had a proper (laid back) seudah, as is our minhag (Chabad). The minhag mentions a seudah with challah and honey, so really that is all that we “require”, but we add YT foods, chicken soup, chicken, etc. We use mostly leftovers from erev YK (it is our minhag to have two proper seudos on Erev YK, one in the afternoon, and another for seudah Hamafskes.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note