Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
The man with the truck- where does he get his items?
Previous  1  2

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Oct 11 2024, 10:34 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
When does he come to Brooklyn? He sells kid undershirts tzitzis for 5.50?

Is his store in Brooklyn still open or does he only travel around? I don’t live in Brooklyn but years ago I remember hearing that he has a store there.

cnc  

Post Fri, Oct 11 2024, 10:35 am
amother Azure wrote:
Is his store in Brooklyn still open or does he only travel around? I don’t live in Brooklyn but years ago I remember hearing that he has a store there.

still open

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Oct 11 2024, 10:37 am
So I want to do the same thing as him and have affordable prices

amother
Raspberry

Post Fri, Oct 11 2024, 10:39 am
And you’re out of town location you won’t be able to compete with the volume that he’s buying. why not reach out to him and ask if you could buy from him in wholesale?

amother
  Skyblue

Post Fri, Oct 11 2024, 10:40 am
cnc wrote:
still open

Where is it? Are tzitzis really that cheap? I just spent a mini fortune getting my boys at keter

cnc

Post Fri, Oct 11 2024, 10:42 am
3921-13 avenue

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Oct 11 2024, 10:52 am
amother OP wrote:

Do you have a brick and mortar store or do you want to open a business traveling around?

amother
  Fuchsia

Post Fri, Oct 11 2024, 10:55 am
amother OP wrote:

There are many similar stores.
For example, rockbottom in Lakewood. (A basement store)

The thing about the man with the truck is that he travels to many cities with his things. That’s why he’s so well known.

Op, do you plan on traveling too?
You won’t make the same from one location.

amother
Forsythia  

Post Fri, Oct 11 2024, 11:13 am
amother Fuchsia wrote:
There are many similar stores.
For example, rockbottom in Lakewood. (A basement store)

The thing about the man with the truck is that he travels to many cities with his things. That’s why he’s so well known.

Op, do you plan on traveling too?
You won’t make the same from one location.

Who says she has to travel. You have to sell a certain volume if you charge less but ppl tend to buy more or stock up when the prices are so low.
If there is nothing like it in her community it can for sure make a profit.

I don’t know if he can help you but he is a really nice ehrlich honest special person

amother
  Cyan

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 10:08 am
DoubleHeader USA was recently in Baltimore doing the same thing as him. It was a zoo. There is clearly a market for this sort of thing as long as the prices are low enough.

amother
Nectarine

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 10:28 am
OP this is a very nice idea. We used to buy from him at his store on 13th ave, idk if it’s still around. He’s a real tzaddik of a man.
You seem like you don’t want to ask him. If it will take away is business, then don’t ask him and figure out yourself (and ask a rav about hasagas gvul)
If it will not take away his business, as you claim, then why wouldn’t you ask him?? Tell him that you would like to sell his products in your area. Maybe he’d be open to a franchise or sell to you wholesale??
IIRC, I believe Sage, clover, and the store in BP (can’t remember the name) are all owned by him as well. He tries very hard to help yidden, honestly, his zchusim are tremendous

amother
  Magenta

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 10:31 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
When does he come to Brooklyn? He sells kid undershirts tzitzis for 5.50?

No I bought regular tzitzis not undershirt

amother
  Forsythia

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 10:34 am
amother Nectarine wrote:
OP this is a very nice idea. We used to buy from him at his store on 13th ave, idk if it’s still around. He’s a real tzaddik of a man.
You seem like you don’t want to ask him. If it will take away is business, then don’t ask him and figure out yourself (and ask a rav about hasagas gvul)
If it will not take away his business, as you claim, then why wouldn’t you ask him?? Tell him that you would like to sell his products in your area. Maybe he’d be open to a franchise or sell to you wholesale??
IIRC, I believe Sage, clover, and the store in BP (can’t remember the name) are all owned by him as well. He tries very hard to help yidden, honestly, his zchusim are tremendous

Interesting. I bought concord shirts at Sage then saw he advertises he sells it and I was wondering if it is cheaper to buy from him.

(Sage is a great store and most communities would love it. Bought my girls really nice dresses in $30-50 range. Shabbos robes in $29-45 range and boys velour pajamas under $30)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics